remington sendero 2 Vs. Browning a-bolt target

Sorry if you are a Browning fan. My good friend is a smith and I spend more time having to shoot Brownings to see if the will group for him than any other. Customer will bring it back and claim it will not group. Many times they are right very few I have shot would go MOA. I wouldn't own one. I shot one 22-250 with the boss that was an absolute tack driver. I told the customer to buy every box of that lot of ammo he could get his hands on since he didn't reload. He did and is happy to this day. That was over 10 years ago. His problem was not cleaning properly. Once we had a lesson on how to properly clean one, he was happy. On the other side VERY few senderos shoot more than 1/2 MOA. I have a .220 swift and a 300RUM both shoot 1/2 or less any given day. mostly 1/4 if I do my part.

Sorry if you are a Browning fan. My good friend is a smith and I spend more time having to shoot Brownings to see if the will group for him than any other. Customer will bring it back and claim it will not group. Many times they are right very few I have shot would go MOA. I wouldn't own one. I shot one 22-250 with the boss that was an absolute tack driver. I told the customer to buy every box of that lot of ammo he could get his hands on since he didn't reload. He did and is happy to this day. That was over 10 years ago. His problem was not cleaning properly. Once we had a lesson on how to properly clean one, he was happy. On the other side VERY few senderos shoot more than 1/2 MOA. I have a .220 swift and a 300RUM both shoot 1/2 or less any given day. mostly 1/4 if I do my part.

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. Are you referring to 3 shots or 5 shots group for the Senderos?

They are all 5 shot. I use three shot for only load testing and then 5 shot for groups. The 220 is actually a vssf but sendero is the same gun. The groups even out of the rum average .495 ctc with my hunting load. (150 barnes). My accuracy load is looking like it is going to be the 230 berger over Retumbo. I am going to confirm that tomorrow AM. The .220 is shooting 52 grain watson FB over strong load of 2700.

They are all 5 shot. I use three shot for only load testing and then 5 shot for groups. The 220 is actually a vssf but sendero is the same gun. The groups even out of the rum average .495 ctc with my hunting load. (150 barnes). My accuracy load is looking like it is going to be the 230 berger over Retumbo. I am going to confirm that tomorrow AM. The .220 is shooting 52 grain watson FB over strong load of 2700.

Wow, that's impressive for a factory gun.

I read more than a few times that Remington quality is really going down these days. But I suppose it is still good for high end models. The Sendero's MSRP is $1500, comparing to a 5R of $1200 or 700P of $1000. Do you think Sendero is worth the extra money?

Thanks.
Kevin

my personal opinion is yes on the sendero. I have never repeat never shot one that wouldn't walk the walk with a tweak or two from the loading dept. I have two buddys that have them as well. All we own are shooters. The smith I mentioned owns one as well and it is his hunting rig as is mine as is his son's. My father hunted with a sendero as well. We love em. I am sure others might disagree but we like em in SE Georgia. That is seven i can think of off hand.

I've had good luck with both the browning and the sendero. The browning isn't perfect for someone who wants to beat it up or mod it, but the money for the sendero is a lot for what you are getting. Rems aren't the value they were ten years ago. The last two 7mm rems I've bought have had their throats burned way too quick; under 1000 rounds.

A definite thumbs up on the Sendero. I bought mine for $650 in 99' and rebarreled with a Hart for $700 in 2009'. Great value!

BROWNING ALL THE WAY!!!
HERES WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH A BROWNING.

This is my Browning A-Bolt II 300 RUM
Mcmillan stock A5
Pacnor ss 28" 1-9 twist #7 contour
Timney trigger spring
EGW Picatinny 20 moa base
Nightforce 3.5x15 NPR2
Atlas V8 bipod
Brownells bolt knob

Attachments

• 2012-07-05_10-12-04_231.jpg
    2012-07-05_10-12-04_231.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 15
I own three Sendero's. One is average shooter and two are great shooters. Would purchase another one if needed. I have owned Remingtons since 1968 and only had one that would not shot accurately.

I am a Remington fan, so I would stick with a Sendero. They shoot sweet. Brownings are very good dont get me wrong but way more options for a Remington. I sold a sendero to a buddy of mine in 7MM and its a bug hole shooter out to 300+ with hand loads.gun)

BROWNING ALL THE WAY!!!
HERES WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH A BROWNING.

This is my Browning A-Bolt II 300 RUM
Mcmillan stock A5
Pacnor ss 28" 1-9 twist #7 contour
Timney trigger spring
EGW Picatinny 20 moa base
Nightforce 3.5x15 NPR2
Atlas V8 bipod
Brownells bolt knob
That's a very nice rifle but you probably have at least 1,500.00 more in it than it would take for someone starting out to buy a Sendero and have it bedded and floated.

Full customs are great but there just not for the average guy starting out.

I have an A-bolt longrange hunter in 300rum for testing. I'm still several weeks away from shooting it but the customer is interested in how it does at 800 yards. I guess the real test is how I do at 800 yards.
Should be interesting. I have only owned 1 abolt myself and while I really liked the rifle, its accuracy was okay but not anything special.
Now Coopers, there's a horse of a different color.

I own both a modified Sendero 7 RM and a modified Browning A-Bolt for my ultralight hunting. Both rifles shoot sub MOA, though the Sendero shoots much tighter groups. Point being, you'll most likely have work done on both rifles. With that in mind, typically Remmy's are much easier to modify.

I wouldn't necessarily compare the Sendero to the A-Bolt Target. The Sendero is perfectly suited to be a LR hunting rig, still light enough that carrying it in the field all day is not a problem. The A-Bolt Target at 13+ lbs is not something I'd like to haul around with me. Put rings, scope, bipod and sling on the A-Bolt Target and you're carrying close to 18+ lbs. Unless you just plan on hunting from a stand, I wouldn't want to carry this gun around all day. I think a better comparison would be the A-Bolt LR Hunter. Here are a few other things to consider:

Browning:
1. A-Bolt has a DBM that has to be modified to fit any load longer than SAAMI specs, specifically if you're loading just off the lands.
2. I do like the 60* bolt lift of the browning.3. Brownings glass bedding jobs are ****.
4. Made in Japan

Remington:

1. Love the palm swell, though others don't like it so much
2. Availability of aftermarket parts.
3. Made in the USA.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.