Remington recoil lug on sako l691

Mooseknuckles

I am having a new barrel installed on my sako l691 action, just wondering if you can install a Remington style recoil lug on the action? The action sits in a h and s percision stock. I know I would have to have the stock inletted for the new recoil lug. Just wondering if it will work?

I will have to give him a call.
I guess my other question is would it be worth while to add the Remington recoil lug. The action doesn't have the L shaped lug. It is one of the magnum research rifles. Looking to just keep the action rock solid in the stock.

I own a MRI Mtn eagle also I'd leave it as is mines a 270 wcf shoots great , really don't think it's needed congrats it's a very fine action thks jjmp.

Yes you can use a Remington style recoil lug. You will/may have to adjust the recoil slot in the stock a little and turn a recoil lug boss on the barrel to center it, but your gunsmith should be able to do this if he can cut metric threads for the barrel tenon.

I personally feel it is a better system than the existing one.

J E CUSTOM

J.E custom
I agree that it seems to be a lot better system. My smith can cut metric threads.
Jjmp
I just received a shilens #5 select match barrel.

moosek, that's a very fine choice !!! got a cm shilen on my 25/06 love it shoots better then me lol , and mines a grade down from yours not being the Select! , regards

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.