Remington R-25 308?

catwithboost

I just got a Remington R-25 in a 308. Anyone have one or ever shoot one? Any idea on good reloads for it? How does it shoot at long range?
25962_1136022140614_1829163330_262318_5886230_n.jpg

i have never shot one personally, but have read about them, and the only negative i have heard about them is the camo pattern is a little too green and bright for some ppl. i think you will really like it. My armalite ar10 loves anything i shoot out of it, especially 155 gr amax and 168 gr tsx. i would recommend asking around on ar15.com more AR experts over there, go to the ar variants forum

Cerberus Capital Management owns Remington, DPMS, Bushmaster, Marlin, and some others. The R-25 is made by DPMS for Remington. I know several guys that have .308 DPMS rifles and they are all very happy with their performance. Two of them will shoot 1/2moa or better with match ammo. The $1600 price tag is a little too much, I think you are buying into the name a little. However, I just bought a new unfired one from an aquaintance at such a low price I questioned it's legality even though this person is of high moral character. Then after everything checked out, I felt like I was stealing from him and gave him another $100 on top of his asking price. I still walked away with it for under $1000 so I'm very excited. When I get the chance I'ma get some optics mounted on it and run some M118LR's through it and see what it'll do.
I don't like the camo either, but nothing some crylon can't fix.:D

At one point in time my go-to rifle was an Armalite in .308, I mounted one of the Springfield scopes with the BDC reticle & integral bubble level. That rifle suprised a bunch of the "bolt action only" guys I shot with, especially when I ate their breakfast at 300yds. The only downside I had was the weight, it was a really heavy setup, something like 13lbs. At the time I was shooting a 165gr Nosler B-Tip with IMR-4064.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.