Remington Quality, just how bad is it???

thanks for all the replies. Today I ordered a savage 12 BVSS in .223

over the last couple of days I handled the remingtons, winchesters and savages. the savage was a really nice looking piece, the palm swell fit my big hands nicely (the one thing I didn't care for on the Win. Stealth was the grip). I really liked the winchester coyote.

the remington VSSF was very nice but a bit spendy for me right now (did find a decent deal at $733.00 + tax), could not find anyone with a VS in .223 (other than the 2 I previously found with ill fitting stocks).

have heard a lot of good things about the new Savages so we will see.

found a used .223 10xp on the shelf, the trigger went off when I picked it up... think somebody went a little overboard with the file...

thanks again for all the advice

I was always skeptical about Remingtons myself but I now own 2 model 700's. .222 Rem ADL and .300 RUM LSS. I got the .222 from an old guy who gave up varmint hunting 15 years ago with about 1000 rounds down the tube he guess's. I picked it up for a pretty penny to say the least but I am glad I did. This gun will shoot the 40g VLC 3 shots into the .1 and .2's consistently at 100 yards, and .5" at 200 yards. That was with very very little load development may I add. I did nothing to the gun but work on the trigger. My .300 RUM I am still amazed by the accuracy while doing very very little with the rifle. With the 200g SMK I got a nice 4 inch group at 800 yards. With the 200g Accubond I got a 1.5" group at 525 yards. Rifle is completely out of the box except for trigger work. As before, this was with very very little load development. I didn't see a need to develop anything farther actually! I am hooked on Remingtons to say the least. I use to be a big Ruger fan, but not anymore. Its a Remington or nothing for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.