Remington Quality issues

Yeah bc all you remington nay Sayers are un Amuuurican and are too scared to started anything via the interwebs.

I have been blessed with Remington's so far. Even my little bros model 770 is a 1 MOA rifle. I have seen a 597 shoot like crap though. Even after remington "fixed" the issue. My buddy ended up selling it and warned the guy who bought it.

WOW, I see no naysayers! I betcha most that posted thus far also owns Remington, I included.

I know feenix I was just being sarcastic. I was hoping for some die hards to come through and weigh in. Like I said I have been lucky with Remington's so far. I'm glad the OPs issue wasn't too serious. Although a definite quality control issue at remington.

I know feenix I was just being sarcastic. I was hoping for some die hards to come through and weigh in. Like I said I have been lucky with Remington's so far. I'm glad the OPs issue wasn't too serious. Although a definite quality control issue at remington.

Ditto!

Attachments

• thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 43
Remington had serious quality issues with the Marlin Lever Guns when they bought Marlin but enough people barked loud enough for them to listen.

I would let Remington know post haste! They should replace the magazine at least. It's not good to damage you brass at all so it should be fixed. Guns cost enough that the makers should back up their products.

And we should give them a chance to do just that.

Don't any of you yahoos drink Pusser's? The proper drink of the British Admiralty....

KB

I would let Remington know post haste! They should replace the magazine at least. It's not good to damage you brass at all so it should be fixed. Guns cost enough that the makers should back up their products.

And we should give them a chance to do just that.

Don't any of you yahoos drink Pusser's? The proper drink of the British Admiralty....

KB

I will let them know, I was going to replace the mag box anyway, just didn't plan to yet. I have had only two major issues with a Remington in all the ones I have owned. A 673 in .350 would slam fire from the factory and an early SPS in 7-08 had the barrel cross threaded and bluing salts leaking out of the barrel/receiver junction. That SPS was the only one I ever had that wouldn't shoot at least one load really well.

I usually drink bourbon :)

Makers mark all the way...we digress! Remington is pretty good with customer service so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll still buy remington.

Makers mark all the way...we digress! Remington is pretty good with customer service so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll still buy remington.

the two worst I ever saw was Burris, and your beloved one. I know one gunsmith that sent a rifle back for warranty issues, and it was returned unopened. So he sent it back again; thinking there was a mistake made. They did take the rifle out of the box, and then returned it in an unrepaired state. The third time he called them, and they were unresponsive to the issue (bolt was bad). The same guy sent three or four 700's back with trigger/safety issues. They did do something, but it wasn't much. He ended up returning them again. The Burris issue was with the turrets on several scopes. They were returned unopened. They sent them back again (three or four scopes), and got the same results claiming they were fixed. The third time the dealer rigged to boxes to see if they were even opened. They were not! He called them out on it, and they finally replaced the scopes with new ones.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.