Remington production question

mrb1982

According to the website, Remington has discontinued the VS SFII series. Does anybody know if they have any plans of replacing it with something similar? I have a Sendero and am interested in the future in purchasing a 22-250 in something similar so I am curious if they are going to have anything like the old VS SF series. Thanks.

They've done so well wit those rifles they'd be stupid not to continue them or replace them with something very, very similar.

I have the VS SFII in a .220 swift. This is my fifth swift and by far the most accurate I've owned.

The only knock on them is that what makes them great for shooting prone of from a bench type set up on small varmints is also what makes them a bit cumbersome for quick work.

They've done so well wit those rifles they'd be stupid not to continue them or replace them with something very, very similar.

I have the VS SFII in a .220 swift. This is my fifth swift and by far the most accurate I've owned.

The only knock on them is that what makes them great for shooting prone of from a bench type set up on small varmints is also what makes them a bit cumbersome for quick work.

I would entirely agree with you. I actually use a Sendero 7RM for hunting and have found that while the added weight to hike around is something to think about, the accuracy and feel of the gun out-weigh the added weight to hike. Plus I have found that looking at some of the 22-250's, some are nice. But I would like something with a good synthetic stock. I like the VLS's also, but I am afraid that I would scratch up that pretty stock carrying it in the pickup. The SPS's are alright, but the stock is so far sup par to the HS precision that I don't know if I could make myself live with that SPS stock. I would like to someday, when I'm ready, find a VS SF style. Weatherby makes a descent one too, but I prefer the Remington personally.

According to the website, Remington has discontinued the VS SFII series. Does anybody know if they have any plans of replacing it with something similar? I have a Sendero and am interested in the future in purchasing a 22-250 in something similar so I am curious if they are going to have anything like the old VS SF series. Thanks.

I was looking for another VSSF ii myself recently. Have a look at their Varmint SF model. I have not actually seen one but the specs they give are similar to my circa 2009 .223 VSSF II. The one glaring difference between the two is the new rifle apparently has their tupperware stock. Otherwise, this might be what you're looking for.

I replaced my HS stock (original to the VSSF ii) with a Greybull last year for the size and shape of the grip. Because of my big paws, I always felt like I was holding it with 2 fingers. The original stock has a DE Cheekpiece installed. Down the road, if you get this rifle and want my HS Precision stock, You're welcome to it. I would let it go for the cost of a new DE Cheekpiece kit plus the shipping.

For what it's worth, my .223 VSSF II is now one of my most accurate and precise rifles. In the beginning it was a club. I had an issue with the fit of the firing pin in the bolt and had to have the firing pin and spring replaced. I also firelapped the barrel. Now it's a shooter.

Pete

Last edited:
I just bought a Varmint SF in a Swift yesterday. I too noticed that the VSSF was discontinued. Doesn't seem to make much sense since that was a good selling rifle? Hopefully they will come out with something similar to replace it. The stock is junk on the Varmint SF but I plan to replace it with a B&C.

I guess my only beef with them getting rid of this line and replacing it with the others is that they have that cheap stock. The nice part with the VS SF/Sendero was it was pretty much as close to a custom rifle as you get without buying a custom rifle.

I have a buddy that just bought the Varmint SF so I will have to see what I think about it.

I have shot some guns with the cheap stock on them in the past, and it isn't that it doesn't allow me to be accurate, it's just not as nice as an HS/Greybull Precision stock.

Wile E Coyote, you never know, I may take you up on that. Even if I just went with like an SPS Varmint with the bull barrel instead of the fluted, I would think that stock would work, wouldn't it?

Wile E Coyote, you never know, I may take you up on that. Even if I just went with like an SPS Varmint with the bull barrel instead of the fluted, I would think that stock would work, wouldn't it?

The HS stock original to the VSSF II is a short action, righthand. Here's a few pics. Just let me know if and when you want it. Otherwise I was going to sell it in the late winter or early spring.

Pete

Attachments

• 20120911 211.jpg
    20120911 211.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20120911 212.jpg
    20120911 212.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20120911 209.jpg
    20120911 209.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20120911 210.jpg
    20120911 210.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 57
Fair enough. I am guessing you will get it sold before I am ready for it, but I will be sure to let you know if I need one somehwere along the line and I will just check in with you. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.