Remington Predator R15

reloader-51

I'm considering buying a Remington Predator R15 and want to know if someone could share their opinions about it if they own one? Thanks!

I bought one 3 years ago and love mine. I have the 18" carbine with a2 stock. It's a killing machine once I dropped in a Timney 3# trigger.

I have one in a 204 with the 22 inch barrel and love it. It puts 3 shots in a clover leaf. Some people have problems with creep in the trigger buy mine is nice and crisp. Its lite enough to carry around all day.
Later Pete

reloader=51,

I have had mine for two years. I have the predator 223. I use it for badgers, bobcats, coyotes and deer...of course squirrels also. I have tried to get use to the trigger but can't. I am going with the Geissele trigger, the enhanced version. I am use to 1.5-2.5 lb triggers. I am very very pleased with everything but the trigger. It is very accurate.

I reload with the sierra blitzking 55 gr. and the sierra 65 gr. spbt. I tried many loads and ended up with the exact loads the new sierra manual has for the AR/1x9 twist, perfect match.

I listed the animals above because with the 55 gr blitzking all but one animal out of probably 60 plus have stopped in their tracks(not counting squirrels and prairie dogs). I shot one deer with the 65 gr spbt, which dressed out at 140lbs(No hide, head or legs). It went through a rib going in and through one on the opposite side and stuck under the hide at just under 200 yards. 65 gr retained 56 gr.

I use Reloader 15, H335 and Tac(by Ramshot). Ramshot powders are not temperature sensitive.

I use Rem 7 1/2 primers only for my Ar's.

A bit long winded !!! Hope it helps a bit.

predator chaser

Last edited:
Thanks predator chaser! That was a lot of info, but that's what I was loking for. Really appreciate it!

reloader-51

I love mine. It's a killing machine. I have put a lot of work and extras into it, but I wouldn't have anything else. RRA Two stage trigger and the other extras u can see.

2012-12-03_20-41-30_339.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.