Remington Mountain 700 SS

mrbofus

Killing some time today and a LGS and kinda got real sweet on a Remington Mountain 7oo. Looked good, felt good and comfortable to shoulder and light weight.

My question is are they worth the $$?
On the drive home i had many diffferent senarios on what to sell, trade, swap so I could buy it.

But still wonder if its worth it over what I already have.

Any thoughts?

Killing some time today and a LGS and kinda got real sweet on a Remington Mountain 7oo. Looked good, felt good and comfortable to shoulder and light weight.

My question is are they worth the $$?
On the drive home i had many diffferent senarios on what to sell, trade, swap so I could buy it.

But still wonder if its worth it over what I already have.

Any thoughts?

Sooo many details omitted.

What do you already have, what caliber, what condition, what price, what kind of hunting, is this a need or a want...... etc.

Kind of a Charmin Ultra or Cottenelle question if you ask me...

Need more info for an intelligent answer but another stick in the closet is never a bad thing if you can pony up the peso's...

this is a want not a need. I have it covered from .17 to .300 wm. Hunt deer and elk and hike lots to high places. THis one was a 25-06 for $999 new.

I guess I was really asking what make this a $1000 rifle?

this is a want not a need. I have it covered from .17 to .300 wm. Hunt deer and elk and hike lots to high places. THis one was a 25-06 for $999 new.

I guess I was really asking what make this a $1000 rifle?

at that price I'd pony up a few more peso's and get a Kimber Montana...
The mountain lss rifles can shoot well (my brother had one for a spell in 280) but they do want quite a bit for them considering they are a stock remmy with a trim pipe on it...

999.00 seems a little steep for a 700 SS Mountain. Have you checked gun broker? There are 2 there for 842.00. The CDL SF is less than 999.00 unfortunately they don't make it in 25-06.

Shoot straight

Bob

at that price I'd pony up a few more peso's and get a Kimber Montana...
The mountain lss rifles can shoot well (my brother had one for a spell in 280) but they do want quite a bit for them considering they are a stock remmy with a trim pipe on it...

Kinda what I was thinking, I am over that right now, found a Win pre 64 270, looking at trying to talk myself into it and for the first time Held a BERGARA B-14 in a 6.5 creed.
Now that looked pretty sweet.

Not sure what I will end up with buy my birthday is just around the corner and I deserve something new (or new to me)

Just looked at that bergera, they look good, whats the story behind those? I've never heard of them much less had one in hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.