Remington LTR .223

BoomFlop

I am debating on purchasing a Remington LTR chambered in .223 for a coyote calling rifle. I can pick up a new one locally for $760.00. Just curious if anyone has had this rifle, what can I expect for accuracy? Does it have the 40x trigger (have not handled it yet and website doesn't state which one)? Is that a good price for this rifle?

Thinking of putting a Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 in low talley rings or Leupold low rings on it. Thoughts on that?

Thank you,
Steve

I am debating on purchasing a Remington LTR chambered in .223 for a coyote calling rifle. I can pick up a new one locally for $760.00. Just curious if anyone has had this rifle, what can I expect for accuracy? Does it have the 40x trigger (have not handled it yet and website doesn't state which one)? Is that a good price for this rifle?

Thinking of putting a Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 in low talley rings or Leupold low rings on it. Thoughts on that?

Thank you,
Steve
Its a good choice,IMO, heavy barrel, 9 twist, and right up there with the 5r rifles accuracy wise. The weight makes it a good walker too. Trigger once adjusted is not that bad.

I set the trigger to a clean hard break at 3lb 7oz and I'm not sure the advantage of the Sako extractor?

The Sako extractor is much larger and more durable than the factory clip type. I have seen three of the clip types break in competition and would not trust one off of the shooting range. If you stay with the clip type, buy several spares and make sure you know how to change them out in the field.

Last edited:
I've had to replace two Remington extractors one .308 at 8,000 rounds and another 7mm Rem Mag at 1,800. Not a big job, competent gunsmith can replace in 15 minutes, including time to BS. Order a spare from Brownell's. All steel remains surrounding the cartridge head, as the bolt was originally designed.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.