Remington Long Range?

Richard Teague

Casting about for a short action Remington 700 to start a build I noticed that there is a rebate of $75. on these rifles. You can pick one up for less than $700. final cost after FFL fee. The only short actions I can find are the stainless steel version in 6.5 Creed, a small snivel but I can easily pull the barrel and sell it. I notice the M40 style stocks are pretty common in the classifieds here and am wondering if there is something just not right about them? My end run "scheme" is a Antelope/prairie dog rifle in 6MM Creed using a Criterion Remage barrel and a Trigger Tech trigger.

I've got 3 of the R700 LRs: .300WM, .30-06, .25-06. While there is nothing wrong with the M40 stocks, they don't really excite me. Most of my hunting is within 200 yards, so I can tolerate a stock that isn't the most comfortable to use. When using a NF ATCAR, the line of sight is a bit high, so I don't get the cheek weld I would like. If I'm looking at adding an aftermarket cheek riser, I'd rather look at replacing the stock for something more comfortable.

Remington had $125 rebate a few years ago and I am still waiting for the money!!!! I called them and they wanted me to resend the original reseat!!! I got a copy of the original reseat because they had the original reseat but that was not good enough!!!

I have a long action 700 LR in a Bell and Carlson stock. It suits my needs just fine. Haven't used it alot. Good rifle but just can't seem to get excited about it. Can't complain about it, but I need an adjustable cheek riser to get a good weld.

Well I came upon a good deal, a short action 700 with a Timney trigger and Talley 30 MM mounts. This will be where I start since the M40 stock seems to be a non starter. It will come with a stainless 308 mountain rifle contour barrel and an SPS stock.

we use the 700lr as a build platform 7 mm rem mag , 300 win mag rechambered 7.21 lazz , 30-378 bee accurate and a powerful long range shooter with the 195 eol for lazz and the 245 eol for the bee

Straight Jacket Armory offers very competitive prices on Rem 700 barreled actions. Check it out ...

Call SJA with any questions you might have at 307-707-3181 Ext 1

Shoot Straight!

StraightShooter77

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.