Remington, Federal LR primers in advance.

The Oregonian

Had a load that came with my rifle and it called for Rem primers...have been using that with good results but struggling a bit to find an obvious load on my new lot of powder (H4350 for a 30-06). Have several ok loads (.75 MOA) but nothing jumping out from the crowd. I could be happy with those results but think the rifle is capable of better. ES is not great but velocity is good with no pressure signs even a grain or two above book max. Rifle is Darrell Holland built on Borden action with 24" Hart barrel.

I bought some Federal 210's to try out...just curious what I may see as Rem doesn't have the best rep for primers from what I have read online. What may be the biggest difference between the two primers, assuming the Feds are a step up? Improvement in ES? Accuracy? Etc?

Thx in advance.

Last edited:
Primers is the last change I make when searching for accuracy. I pick the best load and load up five of each primer I have. I do this same thing twice to verify the no desirable are and the very good are.

Did a side by side comparison with CCI 200 and Fed 210 primers. Fed consistently had lower ES and SD (about 20% lower) in my loads. I haven't put them against Rem though, and don't feel I need to.

I've had great results with fed primers being more consistent than most others. Just watch as fed primers tend to be a little hotter than others so your load may not show pressure with rem but could with the fed.

I've had great results with fed primers being more consistent than most others. Just watch as fed primers tend to be a little hotter than others so your load may not show pressure with rem but could with the fed.
Thanks. Going to start from scratch at book min and find a new load rather than just plug in new primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.