• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington Custom Shop

Rocket86

Please Riflemen, I would like your opinion concerning ordering a Remington Custom Shop Rifle 7mm Rem Mag. My only concern is ACCURACY. ACCURACY versus say a Fierce/ Christenson?

I have a super accurate 7mag for sale. It was built to my specifications and way less than a Remington custom shop and I promise you it shoots as good or better. But, to your question, for the money spent on a Remington custom shop I would explore a custom built from a smith you trust.
Well, I am a accuracy Freak. Could ya give some details like Weight, action, barrel, what it likes to shoot, groups, price, etc. Thank you for your response.

I had a 7mm08 AI from the Remington custom shop and it shot lights out. 24" barrel w/ Zeiss scope. This was 20 years ago though.

My dad and I have 3 Custom Shop rifles. All KS Mtn Rifles. A 30-06, a 7mm mag, and one was a .300 Weatherby. All 3 would shoot 1/2" at 100yds with our handloads. The 7mag will shoot even better with 140 NBT's. The '06 hasn't been shot in a few years, but it was putting 180gr Accubonds in one ragged hole last time it was out. The .300 Bee was rebarreled a couple years ago to a 28 Nosler to appease my inner speed freak.
And don't think it isn't fun sitting next to a guy that's shooting a $3000 custom rig and have him notice that your factory gun shoots better! Been there several times.

I have a KS custom Mountain Rifle that I bought second hand back in the mid 90's and it is a 7 mmRM. It's very accurate and the only rifle I own confined to neck shots. I like it so well, I've looked for others and started to order a new one but it fell through. If you can put your hands on it, I would say go for it but with the current state that Remington is in you might be able to get another custom built rifle faster.
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is with plain old green box 150 grns Core-Lokt.

Please Riflemen, I would like your opinion concerning ordering a Remington Custom Shop Rifle 7mm Rem Mag. My only concern is ACCURACY. ACCURACY versus say a Fierce/ Christenson?
I would stay away from Remington and just do a custom shoulder fit set up yourself bighorn action proof barrel any rem foot print stock and trigger you want and be shooting with in a week after getting your parts or have a smith put it to gather for you