• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington Custom Shop

Firstly you have this gun post in "FOR SALE"

Personally I would shy away from Remington right now. There are lots of factory rifles that shoot 1/2". Not sure I agree with your choice of a belted case cartridge but k sara sara.
You didn't mention your budget or use. Define accuracy. 100yrds? 500, 1000? Are you shooting paper or animals. What distance. Are you planning to load or shoot factory ammo? If you're not loading Id be looking at 7mm WSM is you're hooked on 7mm. A 300WSM BETTER. 300PRC better still. If you are not hunting LR a 308 or 6.5 Credemoor is hard to beat for accuracy. LOTS of quality factory ammo options.
Chk out these factory rifles.

If you have a rem 700 mag action you can put a Proof or Bartlein barrel on it with match chamber, blueprinted action and a match trigger for about or less than what you would spend on a Rem CS rifle. And having owned a few of those, they don't all shoot. Its Still a rem barrel.

good luck.
I apologize for putting my Question in "For Sale", I am learning.

Firstly you have this gun post in "FOR SALE"

Personally I would shy away from Remington right now. There are lots of factory rifles that shoot 1/2". Not sure I agree with your choice of a belted case cartridge but k sara sara.
You didn't mention your budget or use. Define accuracy. 100yrds? 500, 1000? Are you shooting paper or animals. What distance. Are you planning to load or shoot factory ammo? If you're not loading Id be looking at 7mm WSM is you're hooked on 7mm. A 300WSM BETTER. 300PRC better still. If you are not hunting LR a 308 or 6.5 Credemoor is hard to beat for accuracy. LOTS of quality factory ammo options.
Chk out these factory rifles.

If you have a rem 700 mag action you can put a Proof or Bartlein barrel on it with match chamber, blueprinted action and a match trigger for about or less than what you would spend on a Rem CS rifle. And having owned a few of those, they don't all shoot. Its Still a rem barrel.

good luck.
I think they use Hart barrels actually.

I have an older 700 KS Mountain Rifle in the safe at home that I'm not using, it's the first generation gloss blued rifle in 7mm Rem Mag if anyone here is interested. Very little use and I'm pretty sure I still have the box, I'd rate it 90-95% or so.