Remington Custom shop AWR ll Rifle how good are they?

elkhntr

Has anyone had experience with Remington"s Alaska Wilderness rifles in 300 win mag or 7mm rem mag? I talked to the custom shop and was told they are blue printed long mag actions fitted with SS fluted barrel, sounds like a number 4 contour. Comes with a Bell& carlson stock, guaranteed sub MOA at 100yd. Sounds like a reasonable long range rifle for a reasonable price $2200-2400.

Stiller Action- 1005.00
Bartlien Barrel- 315.00
Bell and Carlson Stock- 246.00
PTG bottom Metal- 130.00
Labor includes True action, Install Barrel, and Bead Blast- 560.00

Total Price is 2,256

This is my new build and would be a full custom build just to give you an idea when deciding.

Thanks for the info. That helps for a cost comparison. I was looking for anyone who may have one and using it for long range shooting. Wanted to know if they walk their talk in accuracy compared to a full custom rifle from any of the custom rifle gunsmiths around the country.

Has anyone had experience with Remington"s Alaska Wilderness rifles in 300 win mag or 7mm rem mag? I talked to the custom shop and was told they are blue printed long mag actions fitted with SS fluted barrel, sounds like a number 4 contour. Comes with a Bell& carlson stock, guaranteed sub MOA at 100yd. Sounds like a reasonable long range rifle for a reasonable price $2200-2400.

Holy crap...no way, not for a factory rifle. It can have custom engraved all over it for all I care. +1 for the previous advice you received. Call snowy mountain rifle company, stiller, Len's LRH rifles, etc...the awesome rifles are out there. I LOVE Remingtons, don't get me wrong, but I wont pay 2,400 for one when a sendero or SPS varmint will most likely have similar performance.

I'm the biggest Rem 700 fan on this site...And when I say you could build a MUCH nicer rifle on a 700 action for less money, believe me.

Holy crap...no way, not for a factory rifle. It can have custom engraved all over it for all I care. +1 for the previous advice you received. Call snowy mountain rifle company, stiller, Len's LRH rifles, etc...the awesome rifles are out there. I LOVE Remingtons, don't get me wrong, but I wont pay 2,400 for one when a sendero or SPS varmint will most likely have similar performance.

Don't forget the 5R Milspecs with their average 1/2 MOA, or better, groups. I have one shooting upper .2xx" groups with handloads, if I do my part.

Stiller Action- 1005.00
Bartlien Barrel- 315.00
Bell and Carlson Stock- 246.00
PTG bottom Metal- 130.00
Labor includes True action, Install Barrel, and Bead Blast- 560.00

Total Price is 2,256

This is my new build and would be a full custom build just to give you an idea when deciding.

Definitely the way to go based on your cost comparison. lightbulb

This is a nice package deal too >>> http://www.swpcustom.com/stpkg.html

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.