Remington CDL SF in 300WSM

JMHNL

Hi all,

New to the forum so I thought I would share my recent rifle project. I have been lusting after a new do-it-all type rifle for a while. I live in Hawaii and have access to axis deer, mouflon sheep and a few other types of small to medium size game. I also join family for a backcountry elk hunt in Idaho every year. I like to walk and don't like heavy equipment, so this rifle seemed to fit the bill. And its pretty!!

I added on a HS precision stock in the varmint contour, I really like the way the larger forend feels on these. The gap in the barrel channel is a little less than 1/8" on each side, so its noticeable but not an eyesore.

I added on a nightforce rail and TI ultralight rings, and finished off with a VX6 2-12x42 that I had from another rifle.

First trip to the range I was pleasantly surprised that the recoil from the gun was totally manageable. I was prepared to have a local gunsmith install a brake, but for now I think I will just get used to the rifle the way it is. Grouping fine at 100yds, going to shoot again this week after a thorough cleaning to see if grouping improves after initial 20 rounds.

I have a variety of factory ammo that I will shoot to see if there is anything the rifle prefers. Hope that the Federal 150gr. NBT will group well, they are really the kiss of death on deer for me in other calibers. Will probably use a 180gr bullet for the elk trip.

Attachments

• 300wsm.jpg
    300wsm.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 100
Welcome to the forum. That CDL SF makes a pretty sweet firearm. I did not care for the stock as well I changed mine to a Mcmillan game scout. Mine is a 260 rem, Zeiss Conquest (old style) the mounts are Leupold and thought about changing to the Near Rail and Seekins rings I have on some others but it shoots so good I don't want to take it apart.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Attachments

• DSCN0444.JPG
    DSCN0444.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 89
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.