Remington Bankruptcy

New owner of Oldest Gunmaker in America won't fix my Gun.
l have posted this elsewhere to get the word out. This conversation happened this week 5/12/2021

This an email I sent to Rem Arms the new owner of the gun maker portion of Remington.
I have a Remington 870 Express 20 gauge youth shotgun. I am the original owner purchased 20+ years ago. This weekend my great nephew shot his first turkey and after firing the weld at the barrel/magazine ring broke. What it the procedure for having Remington to repair this gun?

After my son outgrew this gun, many children of family and friends have used this shotgun. Just my luck I have a dozen Remingtons

This their response:
Thank you for contacting RemArms, LLC,

RemArms, LLC. is a newly formed entity that acquired the Remington firearms division from Remington Outdoors Company. We are working diligently to obtain all necessary regulatory licenses and become operational. RemArms will be producing Remington branded firearms soon at the historic Ilion, NY facility where Remington has been produced for more than 200 years Our website, www.remarms.com. is now online. Production of legacy Remington firearms is on track to begin in early 2021.

Due to the nature of the acquisition, RemArms LLC. is unable to service existing Remington firearms, honor any warranty or recall offered by the Remington Outdoors Company. As a show of our commitment to the Remington brand and its customers, once we become fully operational, we will do what we can to assist in resolving issues you may have with Remington product purchased through the Remington Outdoors Company.

We hope you appreciate the constraints that limit our ability to take care of firearms or other products made prior to the RemArms LLC acquisition of Remington firearms from the Remington Outdoors Company. In the future we will service product produced by RemArms, utilizing the highest standards available.

If you have any reason to believe that your firearm is not functioning as it is intended, please discontinue its use immediately and take it to a qualified gunsmith for inspection.

Please do not send your firearms to any Remington facility or repair center. If a firearm or other product is shipped to either Remington or a repair center, the delivery will be rejected.

If you seek repair services for your pre-RemArms-LLC "Remington" firearm, below is a list of repair centers who in the past serviced or repaired Remington firearms. Feel free to contact them about your firearm. For avoidance of doubt, these repair centers are completely independent of RemArms and are not RemArms' agents, contractors, or affiliates. As such, RemArms does not endorse, guarantee, or warranty their work in any way whatsoever, and disclaims any and all liability in connection therewith. Additionally, you will be solely responsible for any charges incurred in connection with their services.

STStore NameAddressPhone / Fax
AKWild West Guns7100 Homer Drive Anchorage, AK 99518Phone:907-344-4500Fax: 907-344-4005
AZSprague's Sports Inc345 W 32nd St Yuma, AZ 85364Phone: 928-726-0022 FAX: 928-344-4708
CAJ & G Gunsmithing7680 Barton Rd. Granite Bay, CA 95746Phone:916-786-9200Fax: 916-772-1932
FLHigher Power Outfitters INC1826 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda, FL 33950Phone: 941-347-8445 Fax 941-347-8455
IAScheels All Sport101 Jordan Creek Parkway West Des Moines, IA 50266Phone:515-727-4065Fax: 515-727-4162
ILMann & Son Sporting Goods515 West Water StreetPinckneyville, IL 62274Phone:618-357-2911Fax: 618-357-3658
KYPaducah Shooters Supply3919 Cairo Road Paducah, KY 42001Phone:270-442-3242Phone:877-772-3006Fax:270-442-5022
MIWilliams Gun Sight7389 Lapeer Road/PO Box 329 Davison, MI 48423Phone:800-530-9028Phone:810-653-2131Fax: 840-658-2140
MIDick Williams Gun Shop, Inc.4985 Cole Road Saginaw, MI 48601Phone:989-777-1240Fax: 989-777-8028
MNAlhman's Inc.9525 West 230th Street Morristown, MN 55052Phone: 507-685-4244 Fax: 507-685-4280
NCB&B Arms9283 US HWY 220Business N, Randleman, NC 27317Phone: 336-339-3199
NVWild West Guns5225 Wynn Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89118Phone: 702-798-4570
NYThe Gunworks of Central New York5366 State Route 31 Verona, NY 13478Phone:315-363-7041Fax: 315-363-1043
OKSports World6841 East 41 Street Tulsa, OK 74145Phone:918-742-4027Fax: 918-742-3981
ORAllison & Carey Gunworks17311 South East Stark Portland, OR 97233Phone: 503-256-5166 No Fax
SCSouthland Gun Works, Inc.1228 Harry Byrd Hwy Darlington, SC 29532Phone:843-393-6291Fax: 843-393-9995
SDScheels All Sport2101 West 41st Street Sioux Falls, SD 57105Phone:605-334-7767Fax: 605-334-8936
VATriton Arms7668 Peppers Ferry Rd, Max Meadows, VA 24360Phone:276-620-8571
UTCarter Gunsmithing938 West Utah Ave Payson UT, 84651801-465-7945

Thank you for your understanding and support of Remington firearms, America's oldest gunmaker.
Grow up. Take the gun to a smith and get it fixed. After 20 years of hard use by a ton of people how in the hell do you think Remington owes u anything at all. I have seen whiners in my time but this is massively over the top. I would NEVER want u as a client of any kind.

I think one would be better off buying aftermarket reproduction parts anyway. The last decade(s) or more saw a lot of quality decline in production guns and parts.
But it's the "small block Chevy" of design and is the basis for so many aftermarket reproduction parts, assemblies and improvements.
I find myself much prefering Bergara's "upgraded" version of the 700. Those old 700s sure were the "small block Chevy" back in the day though.

Unreal,try and take your 20 year old car,truck back to the dealer for free repairs.I would say you got more than your moneys worth out of that shotgun.

You're joking, right? A 20+ year old shotgun that has been handled and mishandled by countless small humans had a weld break on the barrel? And you want a new owner to fix or replace the barrel?

If you don't want to buy a new barrel for it, send it to me and I'll find a way to get it back in service for my friends/family.
Huntz: Unreal,try and take your 20 year old car,truck back to the dealer for free repairs.I would say you got more than your moneys worth out of that shotgun.

You two are being a bit harsh and making assumptions.

He asked: This weekend my great nephew shot his first turkey and after firing the weld at the barrel/magazine ring broke. What it the procedure for having Remington to repair this gun?

First. He only asked for the procedure Remington had to repair the gun. Did not ask for free repairs. So his was a fair question.

Secondly: jpfrog is assuming that it was mishandled. There is an expression concerning ASSUME.

Finally: My experience with a Colt 1911 was that the firing pin hole became distorted and trapped the pin projecting out which resulted in an 'automatic' 1911. Seems the earier Colt company at one time let some 'soft' slides get through QC. Unfortunately (for me) Colt had been sold and the new company did not warranty the earlier products. However, the new Colt company did offer a repair program at a fair cost.

Sarcasm is not necessary/appreciated on this site. (eccept my own I guess re. ASSUME)

I guess if I haven't grown up in my 70's I never will. In my email to REM ARMS I never demanded or even asked for a free repair or mentioned the word warranty, merely their procedure for repair. I was upfront with the age of the gun and it's use. They answered promptly and I tried to get the word out to others. Anyone with a fairly newer (not mine)Remington should know that their "limited lifetime warranty " will not be honored by REM ARMS. I never said anything silly like I'll never buy another Remington, heck I've got several. I hope REM ARMS makes it. I really do. I'll have gun fixed, get a new barrel or replace it as I enjoy getting youngsters into our sport. Many kids have fired this gun at NWTF youth JAKES events. I was always within a few feet of the shooter so I know the gun was never abused. I regret bringing this subject up.

I guess if I haven't grown up in my 70's I never will. In my email to REM ARMS I never demanded or even asked for a free repair or mentioned the word warranty, merely their procedure for repair. I was upfront with the age of the gun and it's use. They answered promptly and I tried to get the word out to others. Anyone with a fairly newer (not mine)Remington should know that their "limited lifetime warranty " will not be honored by REM ARMS. I never said anything silly like I'll never buy another Remington, heck I've got several. I hope REM ARMS makes it. I really do. I'll have gun fixed, get a new barrel or replace it as I enjoy getting youngsters into our sport. Many kids have fired this gun at NWTF youth JAKES events. I was always within a few feet of the shooter so I know the gun was never abused. I regret bringing this subject up.
Don't regret it. Some people just don't read what is written. Ignore them. You just posted what is the present policy of the new owners of Remington. FYI I have three Remington 700s 243, 30-06 and 7mm Rem and they are of the very early productions. I would not dump them for all the tea in (opps). LOL

I clearly misinterpreted your intent and what you meant to say. For that I apologise. Given the clarification I think your post was well worth doing. All the best.

While I'm glad that Ruger picked up Marlin and the other Remington divisions will likely be aquired also, what the liberals & liberal media has done to them still doesn't sit well with me. If someone uses a Toyota to commit a crime, Toyota doesn't get sued for that.
Well, I think we should put an end to that practice right now. We should sue Toyota if someone uses one to commit a crime--like a bank robbery. That'll teach 'em. And while we are at it we should sue Coca-Cola for giving everybody rotten teeth and diabetes. I am still trying to think of what we can sue Delta Airlines and Home Depot for, but it will come to me.

My worry is the Vista brand. They own too much of our industry. Never good to have so many eggs in one basket. Ruger still has family involved so there's some "heart & soul" in the company. I hate to see any industry get too big because they seem to fall to greed and mismanagement. Money is still the root of all evil.
That's the love of money etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

I'm looking at a Dakota Varminter which has a Nesika action and Douglas air-gaged barrel. I'm guessing that the warranty is worthless, as it was one of the acquisitions of Remington. But I'm guessing that I won't have trouble given Nesika/Dakota 's history for quality. I could be making a $2700 error, though. Thoughts?

Remington Outdoor Company and the company's it owned don't exist anymore, with the possible exception of Remington Ammunition. This was not the purchase of an ongoing business concern. In the case of RemArms they purchased a building and property, machinery, and intellectual property (drawings, patents for Ilion made products). They do not own any "Remington" trademarks which are licensed from Vista Outdoors.

For all practical purposes, Remington Arms has gone the way of Winchester Repeating Arms. FN Herstal owns the intellectual property, etc and licenses the WRA trademarks from Olin. Browning make the XPR in Belgium, and FN makes the Model 70 in Columbia, SC.