Remington AWR or build

laker

Anyone messed with the new Remington AWR 5R? Debating on going with one of these or building. Just curious on the accuracy as the new remingtons seem to be hit or miss but I have heard good things about their 5R barrels

I'd take a look at the Rem North American Custom series
Custom Shop built rifles and much cheaper than a custom build
i have one in .270 and its everything I hoped for

440coronet

I have a Rem AWR 5R in 7 mag that I really like. Shoots sub MOA with factory HSM or handloads.
I have shot a few sub 0.5 MOA 3 shot groups, but mostly its about 0.75 MOA when I do my part. I don't have any custom builds to compare to, but I maybe going down that route soon as I want a 338 Sherman short. One thing that's great about the 700 compared to my Tikka or Sako is I can load all the way to the lands if I want to.

Last edited:
I have a Rem AWR 5R in 7 mag that I really like. Shoots sub MOA with factory HSM or handloads. I don't have any Customs to compare to, but one thing that's great about the 700 compared to my Tikka or Sako is I can load all the way to the lands if I want to.
Yep, alot of folks don't realize that. One reason why I've always like the 700 other most others. Plus, all the aftermarket options for it, is second to none.

upload_2018-11-30_16-10-21.png

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts