Remington Arms Bankruptcy

The key word is "report". Nobody has 1st person verification.
Since Custer loved his Remington Rolling Block, an indian tribe buying Remington is a delightful irony.
The R15 s really a Bushmaster (I own one) and no better or worse than a dozen other ARs.
Once the indians own it, all these law suit loons will be dealing with another soverign nation where they will have no standing. More irony !

I'm not up to snuff on the law but I think something changed. I was always thinking there was a law that gun manufacturers could not be held responsible for crimes committed with one of their products. That was either overturned, over ruled or something recently and that is why the people of Sandy Hook are now coming after Remington because the kid stole a Bushmaster from his mother and used it in the crime. Not completely sure but think I am close.

+1 on suing individuals and companies in this country... no common sense anymore which just empowers the liberals and their warped thinking.

Need to go back to disciplining our children, holding people accountable for their actions and stopping this madness!! Unfortunately the battle has been lost and that isn't going to happen .....

The key word is "report". Nobody has 1st person verification.
Since Custer loved his Remington Rolling Block, an indian tribe buying Remington is a delightful irony.
The R15 s really a Bushmaster (I own one) and no better or worse than a dozen other ARs.
Once the indians own it, all these law suit loons will be dealing with another soverign nation where they will have no standing. More irony !

Irony indeed! Good luck getting the tribal court to rule against the tribe. The federal district courts will lose jurisdiction. Only an appeals court could regain it and then plaintiffs would likely have difficulty getting certiorari. Sovereignty by treaty has been a boon for tribes that work smarter, not harder.

The owner of my local gun shop told me about this Monday this week. He stated they got early notification as they are owed money and products by Remington and got an early heads up from the bankruptcy court. Remington has been in bankruptcy before and worked its way out. They may have to produce some rifles people really want to buy and shoot or Savage will eat their lunch. The Remington Lawyer trigger was the start of a bad trend for them.

Staying in NY was the kiss of death. Obsolete machines, taxes, regulations and an entitled workforce.
Not to mention their QC is horrible and they almost destroyed Marlin.
Savage, Tikka, Weatherby, SAKO and the new Winchester will replace them w/o any problems.

Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Mercury anyone ???

Remington Arms filed a chapter 11 petition in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Decatur, Ala. on Monday, 7/27/2020, There doesn't seem to be a lead bidder so it will probably be divided up and sold.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.