Remington ammo plant is finally open hopefully this helps shortage .

dgr416

Finally Remington ammo plant now owned by vista is open .A friend went by there said they had a ton of people working . This I hope will ease the ammo shortage some what .I worked 4 gun shows in a month and it's pretty crazy . There are so many new calibers and zero ammo for them .The regular calibers are pretty hard to find too .I had a bunch of extra 300 win mag and a guy from Montana said he went through 4 states looking for some he was super happy to get two boxes of what I had .These new calibers that you can't make from any other caliber are impossible to find .I am glad I stuck to stuff that I could make from other brass .The 300 win mag is the worse caliber rifle I have now to find brass or ammo for but I bought up some and sold a few up the extra odd ball loads I had . People got so use to Wal-Mart having everything and her They quit selling ammo at all stores that didnt have guns any more .I hope powder and primers come back .The gun shows were high but they had a fair amount of stuff .There was one guy selling ammo at old prices his stuff was a bargin !

I just saw 338 win mag from Remington at midway for $118 a box they were like $46 a box last year .I think this one owner vista is going to put prices through the roof for everything .They are not going to ban anything just price it so you can't afford it.If they ban lead like they want to that box will be $200 for just 20.I just looked up the price at midwayusa not the gun shows .

The reopened Remington plant will likely concentrate on the most sought after cartridges. If you're counting on Remington primers, don't hold your breath. Any and all primers will go to loading their factory ammo. It's looking like primers is going to be the last component to show up and brass for many cartridges all at a reasonable price.

So who shoots Remington ammo amongst us? I certainly don't.... LOL

I guess it will take some of the pressure off some of the other manufacturers who make better ammo anyway.

You are correct, hardly any of us shoot it.

However, I have bought some in the past for barrel break in and the basic corelokt stuff actually shoots half MOA in most of my rifles, go figure LOL