Remington 870

testlight

Does anybody hate the Remington 870? Or at least not like it?

I was talking to a friend the other day and he said he had a lot of bad experiences with them.

I think they're great!

I regret selling mine sometimes...

PBramble

Probably the ones with the sticky chambers that gave him trouble. There were a few years that the chambers were so rough you had to almost mortar them to get the action open. 5 minutes with steel wool on a brush attached to a drill took care of this for me.

belldar

I have many of them. Love restoring the old wing masters and building bear/home protection guns off the wing masters and police models. I’m not a huge fan of the express model but you would be hard pressed to find a smother operating, better functioning, easy to work with pump gun. I just have trouble parting with them. Built/restored one for each of my girls for when they get older. The Remington 700 platform of the shotgun world with an accessory following that can’t be rivaled.

Elkeater

I have one shotgun. An 870 absolute express 12ga. I bought it in probably 2007. I took the cheap wood stock off and replaced it with synthetic. I lived for waterfowl hunting for about 5 years and dang did I put a bunch of shells through that thing during those years. Mud, ice, rain, snow nothing stops it. These days I still take it out for quail once in awhile but it still goes bang every time.

Pa Grizz

I have two .One I bought over 40 year ago Hunted birds shot trap and drilled and tapped for a scope Have gotten a lot of deer with it The second one in a mag that shoots 3 1/2 inch shells Taken geese and ducks with it .Never had any problems either one The only guns I have seen any problems are the one's people taking them apart to clean and not putting them together right

wyosteve

I have 2 also. A Wingmaster I bought as a kid in the mid-60's and a special purpose in either stainless or coated somehow to be silver with a short barrel for bear protection while camping in grizzly country.

xsn10s

I have the Police Model. Trained a lot with it. Shot ducks and upland game, although not the best stock for it. Works great. I'll never sell it.