Remington 7mm Mag

Tikka uses slow twist rates though. Unless something has changed, their 7 Rem runs a 1:9.5 which limits you to 160gr and less in most instances
That is true, they are 1:9.5 but I've ran the 162 Hornady through them to 1100 yards and they shoot great. Glen and crew make a great rifle at Seekins also like you said. He can't go wrong with either one.

Not a remington, however - we have had MANY customers build 7 SAUM, 7mm Rem mag's with Proof Research carbon fiber prefits on tikka actions with mesa precision arms altitude stocks.

Price slides in right at $2150 depending on action configuration - weight on these guys is right at 6.5 pounds. All of them have shot lights out!

Food for thought. If you need help, reach out!
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

300 WSM headed out this week in hopes to bust a nice North Idaho bull elk!

300 wsm.png

That is true, they are 1:9.5 but I've ran the 162 Hornady through them to 1100 yards and they shoot great. Glen and crew make a great rifle at Seekins also like you said. He can't go wrong with either one.
I have a Ruger MkII stainless w/24 in. barrel that loves 168 HVLD's with 72.0 grs. Retumbo. Shoots 162 ELDX well also.

IMG_20220925_142430633.jpg

Looking to purchase a accurate, lightweight 7mm magnum bolt action for an elk hunt next fall. My go to in the past was the Remington Custom Shop but that is no longer an option. Want to stay under $2000. Who makes quality similar to the Custom Shop nowadays?
Do a search on this site for one. There was a KS 7mm Rem Mag listed here a few weeks ago. $1500.00

Browning X bolt, I have custom rifles and have built all kinds of stuff but for a factory rifle the upper end x bolts are very well executed and extremely accurate.

Looking to purchase a accurate, lightweight 7mm magnum bolt action for an elk hunt next fall. My go to in the past was the Remington Custom Shop but that is no longer an option. Want to stay under $2000. Who makes quality similar to the Custom Shop nowadays?
Here you go. Just what you want.

Thanks for all of your thoughts! I looked in to each suggestion. As you all know guns are in short supply. I got lucky and located a new Seekins Havak PH-2 at a Scheels - picked it up this weekend. Excited to get it scoped up and shoot it.

As much as I hate to say it, if I were looking for a new 7mm factory/SAAMI spec Round I'd probably lean hard towards the 7mm PRC

By next fall we're going to be flooded with 7mm PRC ammo and rifles.

There's a thread on the round you might want to read.

I shot the 7RM for over twenty years before moving up to the STW but the future is in the 375 Ruger based wildcats as belted magnums grow less numerous and popular every year.