• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 788

Killertraylor

Caliber: .22-250. Picked this up a few years back - not sure why as I've had a 788 in .22-250 for over 25 years now that I'm super happy with. One of the most accurate factory rifles ever made by Remington. Probably never going to use this one so thought I'd let someone else have it. In really great shape. I've never mounted a scope on it or shot it. Blueing is beautiful. Wood is great too - little bluing wear on the bolt. Trigger nice and crisp at 2 1/2 lbs. 22" barrel. No sights. One factory magazine. $465 shipped. And sorry I keep forgetting to put a piece of paper with the date and my username in it - I've sold a lot of guns here and on 24hourcampfire - will try to remember next time!!

I have a twin to this one. if I didn't I'd gobble this one up immediately. Extremely accurate rifles, and you'd be hard pressed to find one in better shape than this, especially in a desirable caliber!

Thank you nakneker and Hiwayman92. I finally have 788's in every caliber - finally got the .30-30 a few months ago. Every one shoots sub MOA and most much better. $450 shipped

I saw the 788 in 44 mag at a gun show last year. Do you have the 44 mag and if you do what kind of accuracy are you getting out of yours? Curious because I was considering buying but the owner could not tell me how this one shot because he never shot it.

The .44 shoots awesome - I put a 3x fixed Leupold on it (old old one with friction adjustments) and shot a .750 3 shot group at 100 yards. At 50 it just makes big ragged holes. There is one on GB right now but it's already over $1200 with more than a week to go!

This one was a steal then, he was asking $800, in really good condition!!

Just rebarreled mine to a fast twist in 22-250. I also have never seen one not shoot.

Also have the twin. Great rifle. I almost sold mine in here to a guy who regularly made some seriously long range shots on squirrels with his shooting factory hornady 55s.