Remington 788 stock options?

megastink

I have an old Remington 788 in .308 that I retired about five years ago when I bought my Savage .270. I want to make it a long range project gun next. I'm looking for stock suggestions. I can't find much out there. I'd prefer synthetic, preferably with an aluminum bed block, but is be ok with wood. Budget is below $300, but any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

I have an old Remington 788 in .308 that I retired about five years ago when I bought my Savage .270. I want to make it a long range project gun next. I'm looking for stock suggestions. I can't find much out there. I'd prefer synthetic, preferably with an aluminum bed block, but is be ok with wood. Budget is below $300, but any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Look up Stocky's gunstocks......https://www.stockysstocks.com/

morning, I bought a syntechic stock from stock's for my 788. very hollow. I filled the

the stock with devcon. bedded the lug and in frt. of the lug. put action back

in stock. torqued screws. this was done on a match grade barreled 788 action,

the caliber is 223 AI. Outstanding accuracy. the devcon added stiffness and weight

to the replacement stock McMillian makes one for $400+ dollars.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts