Remington 783, opinions please?

A bird hunting friend won a 783 walnut stocked in .308. He doesn't care to hunt with it, just for target fun. We loaded some 155gr Sierra TMK in Lapua brass. It shot consistent MOA which he is pleased with.

Sounds expensive to get a cartridge dislodged. Sounds expensive to get headspace adjusted also. I've had barrels threaded, chambered & head spaced for $300 and less. Paducah shooters supply has 783 parts that you wont find anywhere else. You will have to call & order over the phone. They were and maybe still are a Remington authorized repair center.
I had an epiphany over the weekend regarding the bullet jam. After the gunsmith had relieved me of some $650 on this $500 rifle, which included, dislodging jammed bullet, checking head space, adjusting head space and replacing bolt ejector, I took it to the range for a shoot in. The first bullet lodged in the barrel. Wouldn't go in or out. Upset!!!! With Remington and with the gunsmith!!!! Got back to the shop and run a rod down the barrel to dislodge the live round. I tried another bullet and it fit like a condom. Compared the two. The bullet that was sticking was loaded in a 7.62 Nato casing. Bullets loaded in the 308 went in and out as smooth as silk drawers.
Having seen a fully automatic rifle spit out about a hundred rounds of both 7.62 and 308 brass, I assumed they were compatible in both rifles. The expensive education taught me that a 7.62 rifle shoots both 7.62 and 308. A 308 will only shoot 308.
I've got 49 rounds of 7.62 brass loaded with 43.8 grains of Varget powder with 165 grain Barnes triple shock bullets that I will have to trade to a 7.62 owner for something.
I hope this helps someone.

Sounds expensive to get a cartridge dislodged. Sounds expensive to get headspace adjusted also. I've had barrels threaded, chambered & head spaced for $300 and less. Paducah shooters supply has 783 parts that you wont find anywhere else. You will have to call & order over the phone. They were and maybe still are a Remington authorized repair center.

Revival of 6 year old thread--- but I had one in 7 rm-- didn't matter what I did to it- it wouldn't do better than 1.5 moa,- tried playing with trigger, bedding, filled foreend to stiffen, tried numerous brass/bullets/powders/primers-- still 1.5 moa