Remington 760 pump 7mm/08

Waynzee

Hi fellas, anybody have or heard of a Remington 760 pump in 7mm/08? Are they pretty accurate? If I can get this should I use a heavy or a light bullet?

Last edited:
That's a rare one! It's actually the newer model 7600 (model after the 760) and they were a VERY limited edition, and only produced 250 of them.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/9307726...-7mm-08-1-of-250-New-LAYAWAY-OPTION-86269.htm

As for the twist rate, I would assume 1:9.25", but can't find that info anywhere on the web. Would be best to contact Remington for an exact answer.

If it's a 9.25" twist, I wouldn't shoot over a 168 grain Berger in it.

I had one in .30-06 that was extremely accurate. With anything I ever put in it.

I got rid of it as I didn't like the fore end rattle in a hunting rifle.

I've hunted with a 760 in 06 for more than 30 yrs now. 18" 30.06 with a ton of rounds through it. Biggest issue you will have is cleaning it. I switched to wipe out and the otis pull through system. That has kept it shooting most ammo sub moa and in the case of my 180 pro hunter extremely accurate.
If your going to hunt this rifle pick the bullet type for the situation. I hunt alot with shots measured in double digit feet vs lr type shots. It will kill out as far as you can hit but the whole set-up is best suited for tracking and stalking cover.
7-08 with a good 140-160 cut the barrel down to 19" with an rmr or low powered cqb style optic.
If you have young eyes a willams peep makes it carry like no other rifle. If I could still use one I would.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts