• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 VSSF in 308 Win.

Jeremy

Remington's Varmint weight barrel (0.830" at muzzle) with Synthetic H-S Precision stock, Stainless steel barrelled action with Flutes. That's where they get VSSF. This is a rifle that Remington made for a short time and is very sought after. It is in 308 winchester. It has the H-S Precision stock with integral alluminum bedding block. The stock barrel is 26 inches long and has about 400 rounds through it. Trigger is quite nice for a remington (had gunsmith work over the factory trigger). Shoots 0.5 to 0.6 m.o.a. with 168g Berger VLD, CCI BR-2 and IMR 4320 around 2525fps.

The VXIII does not come with the rifle.

The Leupold long range one piece base (20 minutes built in) and Leupold 30mm rings (High) do come with the rifle. Both the rings and base is matte finish.

I am asking $900.00 for the rifle, rings and base. Please email me at [email protected]

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

privatepilot,

Generally it is a stock rifle with the exception of having had a gunsmith (Accu-Arms Inc in Missoula, Montana) do some trigger work back in 1996 when I ordered & recieved the rifle from Remington. He removed the creep and overtravel and since I don't have a trigger pull gauge, I estimate the it breaks at near two pounds. Remington has made lots of VSSF rifles and they are all chambered for varmint cartridges but for a little while they did chamber that rifle for the 308 win. I like the short action. I bought it to shoot metallic silhouettes and shot a few matches but live too far away to do that regularly. It shoots very good with the bullet ogive at the rifling - I seat the Berger 168 VLD out too far to load in the magazine so just about every round fired through rifle has been single loaded. In my limited load testing I've achieved 1.1" at 200 yards (5 shots center to center) and haven't tested for group beyond that.

If you have more specific questions I think I'll be able to answer them more clearly.

Jeremy

Please email me back at [email protected] or [email protected]

I WANT THIS GUN!!

I used to have one exactly like yours in .308 but with a Springfield Armory 40mm scope, had to sell it when I moved onto a boat for 6 years and now that I am back on land I have been looking to obtain another.

Tell me how you want to be paid and I'll send it to you Monday. If you have your banks wire transfer numbers I can wire the money directly into your checking account. If you do not know how to do this just call a branch of your bank and they will tell you the numbers you need to give me.

Also, if you want to sell the rifle, scope, rings, and scope mount email me a price and I will consider it,

RFly2Dive,
I've sent a response on your email account. Thanks for showing interest and I hope to hear from you shortly.
Jeremy

This item is "Sold, Pending Funds". Thanks to everyone for their interest.