Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion

loco4coues

I started out with a good deal on a Remington 700 Varmint ADL in .308. This has the heavy 26" barrel. I found a B&C stock that I really liked in BDL and started my search for the bottom metal, etc. to convert it over. I posted on here and a local AZ site for what I wanted. Michael, a member on both sites, sent me a message and hooked me up with some parts. I still need a scope, I'm thinking Vortex Viper. Also I ordered a Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob that I will be installing soon. Here are some before and after pictures so far.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 236
  • comparestocks.jpg
    comparestocks.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 349
  • after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 190
  • after2.jpg
    after2.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 200
  • after3.jpg
    after3.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 173
Looks 10x better already, with just the B&C stock.

Looks like yours wears the 26" heavy barrel...That will come in great for gaining and retaining velocity and LR stability.

Looks like you have a great platform to start out with.

Just for the info....A person can almost always find BDL bottom metal for sale on eBay....sometimes just a floor place...some times the whole wad. I paid $65 for a whole bottom rig...metal mag insert...you name it was a take-off and had never been used

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I'm not sure what this will turn into. I'm going to shoot it as is for a while. I've never done anything like this before. Usually I just "accurize" my stock rifles a bit then shoot the crap out of them. This is the first time I've upgraded a stock or anything. I'm excited and hopefully I can get out and shoot it soon.

LOCO- looks great. how about pic of your targets? did you go coues hunting this year yet??

Just for the info....A person can almost always find BDL bottom metal for sale on eBay....sometimes just a floor place...some times the whole wad. I paid $65 for a whole bottom rig...metal mag insert...you name it was a take-off and had never been used
And if you can't find it on here or ebay....You can always buy it new from Brownells (like I had to do)...But there the whole ADL-to-BDL conversion kit is about $150 + shipping. But it's all brand new factory Remington parts.

BDL Standard SA Triggerguard/Mag Kit : REMINGTON 700 ADL-TO-BDL KITS | Brownells

And if you can't find it on here or ebay....You can always buy it new from Brownells (like I had to do)...But there the whole ADL-to-BDL conversion kit is about $150 + shipping. But it's all brand new factory Remington parts.

BDL Standard SA Triggerguard/Mag Kit : REMINGTON 700 ADL-TO-BDL KITS | Brownells

BUT..as you say its $150 smackers. I picked up one that didnt have the sheet metal box magazine...use and looked new for $29.00 once. Sorry to say not every time but a savings like that just once is enough to make one keep coming back.

mG-rkxBJa7GiXUnRiKHckbQ.jpg

For $69.00.....tough to pass up!

BUT..as you say its $150 smackers. I picked up one that didnt have the sheet metal box magazine...use and looked new for $29.00 once. Sorry to say not every time but a savings like that just once is enough to make one keep coming back.
Yeah, but I had to have one, and couldn't find one anywhere... Of course, now that I don't need one anymore, and bought a new one, you will find them everywhere. I needed a stainless standard LA setup, and all I could find were magnum setups and SA setups.

LOCO- looks great. how about pic of your targets? did you go coues hunting this year yet??

I did not draw a tag this year! Two of my brothers killed this year. Hopefully I can smoke something with this next year.

I haven't made it to the range yet. I will update this post when I do. Still deciding on a load.

Yeah, but I had to have one, and couldn't find one anywhere... Of course, now that I don't need one anymore, and bought a new one, you will find them everywhere. I needed a stainless standard LA setup, and all I could find were magnum setups and SA setups.

I got the bottom metal, spring, mag box and follower for a grand total of $15. I had bid on a few on eBay and looked at the new kits. I really didn't have any business buying anything right now so I was trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

My boy has his first cow elk hunt this weekend and then my brother and dad have some late bull tags. Between university, work, hunts I probably won't get to shoot it until first part of December.

I got the bottom metal, spring, mag box and follower for a grand total of $15. I had bid on a few on eBay and looked at the new kits. I really didn't have any business buying anything right now so I was trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

My boy has his first cow elk hunt this weekend and then my brother and dad have some late bull tags. Between university, work, hunts I probably won't get to shoot it until first part of December.

$15..wow...thats tough to take. Ive found that if I ship ahead of a build I can usually get what I need. Looking for an SST bottom metal assy at present but MAY change my mind to a black one and have the action and barrel Cerrocoated

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.