Remington 700 trigger

For hunting rifles, I've grown to prefer a 2-stage. Realized that after the first time I went hunting with a Howa. The first stage gives me a little extra time to be situated and ready before the bullet actually heads out. I can pull some smooth takeup just a little bit to ensure I'm comfortable for the shot and that allows me to have a lighter 2nd stage (actual firing of round) with no surprises. When hunting, I'm not firing a 10 round string in 90 seconds like in PRS (for which I prefer single stage). I just want to take it slow and smooth out of respect for the animal.

Having been through this trigger "Thang" a whole bunch of times get you a Timney Hunter elite and don't look back. If you have an earlier model Rem. 700 with a Walker trigger and know a "Good" old school gunsmith, you could let him tune the factory trigger. Then you will have a good trigger.

pull up jewell triggers I ordered one just this morning great people to deal with and a great product

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
I've had several rifle basix and several timneys. Nothing wrong with either one. I guess that I would lean towards timney. You can do some looking around and find a deal. There's been some here on LRH go for $90 and I bought one off of GunBroker for $96 shipped.

All 700 "Walker" triggers are adjustable, even he new "safer" version.

There are screws under the epoxy. You may have to take it apart and polish and stone here and there. OR you can spend $150 or so for a Timney.

If you are patient and ok waiting for a deal. TriggerTech does a limited edition every July for the R700 and AR. They are the best deals hands down but you get what they choose for options. I bring some in every year as they are easier to move due the pricing and lower MAP. Food for thought if you are on the fence or looking for bang for the buck. I can bring in as many as I want but when they are gone they are gone until the next year.

Look at this for why they work they way they do. If you haven't tried a TriggerTech and own a bunch of other high end triggers I recommend you don't....It will get expensive replacing the lot.

Look at this for why they work they way they do. If you haven't tried a TriggerTech and own a bunch of other high end triggers I recommend you don't....It will get expensive replacing the lot.

When I bought my Cooper Backcountry 3 years ago it came with a TriggerTech Primary trigger. I couldn't get it below 2 lbs so I called Cooper and they told me they could swap it out for another identical trigger. Before doing that I decided to call TriggerTech......I spoke to Mark and he very generously offered to swap it out for the Special Trigger since I wanted weight down to at least 1#. The Special wouldn't adjust below 1.5# so I ended up putting a Jewell in it like I have in all my other 700 and 700 clone actions. I then tried the TriggerTech Special in an older model 700 and same results......couldn't get below 1.5#. Trigger is sitting in a box at my loading bench......maybe I'll find something it will work in someday! In the meantime, I'll stick with my Jewells!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.