Remington 700 trigger

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
Just look at the reviews and specs and I think that after you read them then do your homework you may agree that Timeny is hands down the leader.
However this is just my opinion ,so let the facts speak for themsel
ves!

I have a timney elite hunter on mine. I like it alot. I got it set at 1.25 lbs. Far cry from the 5 lb trigger that came with it. Id say go with the timney elite hunter or a triggertech primary. Either is fine. Regarding flat shoe vs curved, I feel the flat shoe would give you a more straight back pull but I've never used one. I know alot of guys at my prs competitions run them.

Go aftermarket Sam and don't look back. Although I am still running that one x mark on the 308 sps but it just works on that gun. But wow the others are awesome. Go to a custom shop they are likely to have lots in guns around the shop. That's what I did and they let me dry fire them and hold them and squeeze them over and over til I fell in love. Lol

Thanks

Buck

I have triggertech and Timney in 4 of my rifles and love both. I usually go 3.5 to 4 pounds on most of my rifles. I don't like the light triggers, that go off when you sneeze.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.