remington 700 trigger choices

Since I was a kid the only rifles I had shot were always bone stock, I recently put a timney in my Remington 700 sps that had the Xmark pro that wouldn't adjust under 4.5#. After setting the new timney to 2.5# I am extremely pleased. I'm sure the jewel is an awesome trigger but the timney works for everything I'd ever need.

My first RB trigger, (3 years ago) had some horrible creep. Called them and they walked me through on correction. Perfect ever since. New RB trigger, (4 months) breaks at 10 ozs. like glass. Yesterday I was shooting the rifle with the 10 oz. trigger. Took it apart to do a through cleaning of the whole rifle. Checked the trigger...It broke right at 10 ozs. That's after 175 rounds. I'm happy.

My first RB trigger, (3 years ago) had some horrible creep. Called them and they walked me through on correction. Perfect ever since. New RB trigger, (4 months) breaks at 10 ozs. like glass. Yesterday I was shooting the rifle with the 10 oz. trigger. Took it apart to do a through cleaning of the whole rifle. Checked the trigger...It broke right at 10 ozs. That's after 175 rounds. I'm happy.

I don't have any hands on experience with the RB trigger but I do have a few Jewells and they are by far a much better trigger than the Timney and Shillens I have used. They are much easier to Install and get down to the Oz. wt. you want. Mine are set at 6-8 Oz. for all my rifles.

If you ever have the need to replace the RB I would recommend a Jewell. They are simply an excellent trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.