Remington 700 throat to long

If you change more then one thing at a time how do you truly know what the problem is if it goes away ?

Sorry for not responding to every post. I'm on call 24/7 and get distracted at work. When I first bought the rifle I was given some Hornady 143 elf-x precision hunters. I used that ammo to break in the barrel. Never seen a group better then 2 inches at 100 yards. I purchased some h4350, and some 143 elf-x. I loaded 4 at half grain increments from 36 Grainger to 38.5. Best group was around 1 3/4 inch's at 37.5 grains. The other group from 2 to 2 1/2. The cases I'm using are the Hornady factory. I just ordered me a ha precision stock hoping that will help.
I know my 6.5 like H4350 but at 41grns. That load seems to work in quite a few rifles that I've seen. But you still need to work your up to check for pressure. That is if you haven't already tried going up in charge weight that high. Sorry if I missed that info somewhere in the thread.

I know my 6.5 like H4350 but at 41grns. That load seems to work in quite a few rifles that I've seen. But you still need to work your up to check for pressure. That is if you haven't already tried going up in charge weight that high. Sorry if I missed that info somewhere in the thread.
I haven't made it to 41 grains. When I get back from work I'm gonna start easing the charge up. Hopefully I can find something to work with.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.