Remington 700 SPS

Biggs4239

Tell me if I am wrong or not.. but all Remington 700 sps either have a hinged floor plate or a DM
correct.. they didn't make some like the adl with a blind mag did they?
Thanks in advance

The 700 SPS is a synthetic stock with a hinged floorplate. Some models of the SPS may have a DM but I haven't seen any. There is an ADL with the same synthetic stock as the SPS but with no cut out for the floorplate. These are what you typically see at Walmart or other stores as the cheaper Model 700. The ADLs are normally about $100-150 cheaper than the comparable SPS models.

They used the same style stocks for the ADL with the blind magazine, so they looked alot like the SPS stocks. To my knowledge there was no SPS rifles made without either a hinged floor plate or a DM setup.

alright thanks guys.. tried to tell a guy he had a adl but he says its a sps without the floor plate.

alright thanks guys.. tried to tell a guy he had a adl but he says its a sps without the floor plate.
You can't argue with stupid people. They always know better.

If it's someone selling a gun, then what he's doing is trying to sell it as an SPS, because the SPS has a higher new price over the ADL...Therefore the used price is higher than the ADL.

One instant way to settle it is to call Remington and give them the S/N, and ask them what model it is and when it was made (on speakerphone), while standing next to the seller. Sellers trying to scam you HATE that trick. :D

Never thought about that mud runner. But that's a good idea. I didn't argue with him I just gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was clueless about it and wasn't trying to burn me.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts