Remington 700 sps varmint

Thanks for all the help, been looking into a Savage Model 12 FCV as well, any insight into this particular rifle?

I have never personally owned a Remington rifle. What I have seen over time is people either love 'em or hate 'em. Any Remington I have ever shot that belonged to another shooter had been modified in one way or another. So I can't really help you other than offer an opinion that is no better or worse than anyone else's.

What I can do is tell you about my experience with rifles I do own. Both my reach out and touch something bolt guns are Howa 1500 varmint rifles. I own one each in .308 and .223. I'm not much for shooting groups anymore but either of these rifles can consistently produce a cone of fire that is smaller than one minute of angle. (Besides once you get past 250 yards its more about the shooter than the gun anyway). They have never been modified beyond replacing the stocks with Bell & Carlson Medalists. ( not the best but within my budget).

If I had it to do again, I would replace my 223 with a Tikka T3 Varmint that way the 1 in 8 twist would match my AR 15.

Savage is another very accurate out of the box rifle. The savage has the advantage of having a barrel that is user replaceable.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.