Remington 700 SPS Varmint w/20" Fluted Barrel

GlockRiver

Stopped by a local gunshop in Columbus, GA today after work and saw something very interesting. It appeared to be a Remington 700 SPS Varmint w/20" Fluted Barrel. It was all black. It was on the shelf right beside an SPS Varmint w/26" barrel. The salesman confirmed that it was a 20" barrel. I'm sure it was the Varmint stock, the one with the vented "beaver-tail" forend. It felt very good, not quite as heavy as I remembered an SPS Tactical being. I've been trying to find a picture all evening with no luck.
Anybody else seen one of these?

BTW...Great site. I've been browsing for the past few days and finally have something to contribute.

I'm not aware of a 20" fluted barrel Remington offered in the varmint stock. I guess it could have been something that came through the custom shop.

Hello,

I've seen one in Griffin at Berry's. If I remember right it was a LTR, Light Tactical Rifle.

I also liked the way it felt.

Paddle, I believe you're right. The salesguy said that one was made due to customer demand, so it is probably a special order LTR in an SPS Varmint stock (to get the price down). The asking price was $699.
It was purtty.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.