Remington 700 ML rebarrel

Rilow

Got a Remington 700 ML and looking for recommendations on a replacement barrel , not looking to go smokeless. Looking for suggestions on 45 or 50 cal and who offers a good quality barrel for these guns. Also it's not the ultimate it's the older version. Thanks for any suggestions.

You'll get a bunch of answers for this question, but here's some ideas.
if using it for deer...45 cal
if using it for elk...50 cal due to some states ML requirements for elk
Get a barrel that can shoot smokeless because they handle BH209 with ease.
Lots of options for barrels Arrowhead, Hankins, PR bullet...
Would recommend a rifle priming system.

Much of the answer comes down to your budget.

Called PR bullets, that guys customers skills have a lot to be desired, that's putting it mildly😀

Called PR bullets, that guys customers skills have a lot to be desired, that's putting it mildly😀

His work and products have been top shelf. Agreed on his people skills.
The all lead bullets really are the best material for reliable expansion at ML velocities.
Email is probably the best way to work with him, if you go that direction.

His work and products have been top shelf. Agreed on his people skills.
The all lead bullets really are the best material for reliable expansion at ML velocities.
Email is probably the best way to work with him, if you go that direction.
Won't be going with him our phone discussion lasted about 5 seconds😂 , I have purchased a fair bit of bullets off him in the past and after yesterday I think I'll keep it in the past.it was worth a shot though,but I ain't gonna take a bunch of crap from someone your wanting to do work for you. But I do appreciate the suggestions, gonna ck out some of the other one👍

I think McGowen will make you a barrel for a 700ML. But don't know of anyone else doing it at this time. I quit selling barrels for them, but still carry the bolt nose kit upgrade.

I think McGowen will make you a barrel for a 700ML. But don't know of anyone else doing it at this time. I quit selling barrels for them, but still carry the bolt nose kit upgrade.
Yeah McGowen is the only one I found that will do it. Have send gun n ignition system to them to have it done 👍

Got a Remington 700 ML and looking for recommendations on a replacement barrel , not looking to go smokeless. Looking for suggestions on 45 or 50 cal and who offers a good quality barrel for these guns. Also it's not the ultimate it's the older version. Thanks for any suggestions.
Can I ask what is wrong with the original. I have one in fifty Cal that shoots great out to 300 yards

Can I ask what is wrong with the original. I have one in fifty Cal that shoots great out to 300 yards
It's been neglected pretty bad. But I have spent some time cleaning it up and did shoot it and didn't shoot to bad. Think I'm gonna shoot it a bit and see how I make out.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts