Remington 700 ML 45 Smokeless

Elite Muzzleloader

I feel bad taking over a different thread with pictures and felt I need to just start one on my Remington 700 ML Custom Built 45 smokeless. First I have posted some range reports and lately a harvest picture which I feel was loaded on a thread that I shouldn't have. So I will try to delete the photo and lighten up the thread.

With that said I will give a little info on my sml. I started by buying a Remington 700 ml at a local pawn shop for $250 and then started putting pieces together to have it built to shoot smokeless. Sent action off to Luke at Arrowhead Sporting Goods he replaced the spring firing pin and bolt nose so that it would except 209 primers. Then he took the factory barrel off and installed a 25" McGowen barrel threaded to take the Savage Breech Plug. Once I got it back a friend glass bedded the rifle in a Boyds Laminate Wood Stock. I then topped it off with a Nikon Prostaff 5 XR 3.5-14x40 Custom Dial.

I then got it dialed in at 200 yards and started to learn the MOA target knobs. I am still learning them but I have things figured out to about 400 yards. I keep changing things so everything else changes also including zero. Currently I am shooting the Hornady 250 SST @ 2800 f/s. I have shot over 200 rounds this year which might not be a lot but for me it is. I started trying to get the Parker Match Hunter 327 grain bullet (2550 f/s) dialed in but at $2.30 or so a pop I went to the 250 SST which are very accurate.

Rifle before the stock upgrade

100 Yards 250 SST 2800 f/s

327 Match Hunter 2550 f/s @ 430 Yards
This group took me a while to figure wind and elevation adjustment which left me only 2 shots left

2 shot group

2014 Nebraska Muzzleloader Antelope
327 Match Hunter @ 51 yards (so much for long range)

Sorry for taking over the other thread.

Chad

Awesome rifle! I'm gathering parts to build my own smokeless rem 700ml. I'm looking at using a .416 caliber barrel for long range shooting. Are you full torm sizing your bullets? If so who made your full form die?
Ps nice yote
Tim

I use the strelok on my phone and I try to keep all my data logged.

I'm in the process of doing a bedding job and pillar bedding on my new stock. Once I finish all that I'll need the scope base also then I won't have any excuses. :)

I use the strelok on my phone and I try to keep all my data logged.

I'm in the process of doing a bedding job and pillar bedding on my new stock. Once I finish all that I'll need the scope base also then I won't have any excuses. :)

IF.... you're like the rest of us, you'll always be able to find an excuse.

I have an Android 4 tablet and have Strelok on it. Although I've yet to use it because of this miserable weather, I have worked with others using their programs. Also communicated with some long range shooters using a wind meter and found that the program works extremely well.

IF.... you're like the rest of us, you'll always be able to find an excuse.

I have an Android 4 tablet and have Strelok on it. Although I've yet to use it because of this miserable weather, I have worked with others using their programs. Also communicated with some long range shooters using a wind meter and found that the program works extremely well.

Forgot to mention I have a wind meter also.( I bought a cheapo but it reads the same as my buddies kestrel) For now I need to shoot more and learn how to read the wind in my scope. Problem is I started going back to school again to finish industrial electronic engineering. So not sure when I'll get back out again.

Saw that meter how do you like it?

I'm happy with it. I've had it out playing with it enough I had to replace the battery. I like the current or maximum wind and, the average over 10 minutes. I've compared the charts to the elevation changes and barometric pressures. That may not be a huge contributing factor for me but, I bet it would for someone hunting or shooting in the mountains. I just used my hand held GPS to get elevation.

I think its more than enough for a beginning or even seasoned shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.