Remington 700 Long Range 300 RUM

Grayboe stocks are not supposed to be bad. I believe it is a thinner barrel.

Ohh I know they are all right. Just the B&C fits me pretty good... and I like a heavy contour barrel.

Don't know why I'm fussing so hard about stainless.

I'll probably get the same one you did. Ain't like the barrel is gonna last... barrels are a commodity on 300 RUM. Figure I'll shoot the factory one out in a few years gaining experience with the cartridge, then buy the barrel I want.
I like your idea of putting a Remage barrel on it.

I think most guys who shoot them ultimately use them for hunting. It is a good LR elk cartridge. With a scope and loaded, it would probably be about 9.5 lbs. That a good power to weight ratio. Might make it still easy to carry and have some weight for long range.

Are the B&C stocks holding up under the recoil?
Think I'm going to change the Tupperware to one

I talked myself in and out of this rifle for almost a year... looks like the rifle wins and the wallet loses! Tbrice23, you still got yours? Any shortcuts to load data you wanna share? Think the barrel is only good for about 600 rounds or so... wanna try to stretch that out time wise until I can afford a new one.

I found that 96.5 gr of RL 33 with a 208 eld m set at 3.790 seems to shoot very well in mine I loaded all the way up to 99.5gr before it started to flatten primers still no sticky bolt but the best accuracy I seen was at 96.5 out if the 26' barrel it was running an avg of about 3100 fps.

Did you guys get a Wyatt's extended mag box?
Did you feel necessary to brake it?, I looked at the recoil pad and it seemed pretty good.
Are these really hammer forged barrels? Not a big fan.
I have 5 Rums. You won't enjoy shooting it without a brake. Hunting it won't make a difference but shooting targets it's going to beat on you pretty seriously and you'll probably end up developing a flinch.

I have 5 Rums. You won't enjoy shooting it without a brake. Hunting it won't make a difference but shooting targets it's going to beat on you pretty seriously and you'll probably end up developing a flinch.

LOL!
Challenge accepted!!

Hahaha!

I do plan on braking the rifle.
I may just shoot it a couple times unbraked, so I can appreciate the work and money to brake it... that, and I don't want to have to turn my man card in and get a 6.5 Creedmor...

Funny. I have 5 300 Win Mags, and you have 5 RUM's.

Where's tbrice23??
Lol!

Worked up a load for the 208 ELDM in my 300 RUM.
Started with the 208 primarily because it's a little less expensive to shoot, wanted to see if this barrel would shoot without wrapping too much into it, and I had plenty of them.
I PM'd a couple guys here for a start. Have about 60 rounds down the tube, shooting about 10 per development session. Found a load pretty quick with the help of a few here.

92.5 gr Retumbo
208 Hornady ELDM
Norma Case
Fed GM215M
CL 2.840"
BTS 2.463"
BTO 3.030"
COAL 3.775"
3200 FPS

Accuracy isn't bad, but it's not that great, either. I'm not really looking to this rifle to shoot these that well anyway...

Now ill go to the 215 BHT, then to the 230 gr A TIP, just to see if they will shoot. Might have to play with some lesser bullets if they don't like my 10 TW barrel...but as long as I'm up above 220 gr+ ill be ok.