Remington 700 Long Range 300 RUM

tbrice23

Does anyone have personal experience with this model? I'm assuming it is a carbon steel barrel or should I assume it's chrome molly? Just wondering if it's worth the $ or should I save up for another Sendero in 300 RUM.
Anything positive or negative is appreciate .

I bought one and had my smith look at it. He doesn't have high regard for factory barrels, but said shoot it and see what It does. I had him polish the rough factory chamber and add a muzzle brake. The thing shot 1/3 MOA @300 yds. with Berger 215's, 89.6 grains H1000 2950 fps. this was the most accurate load I found right out of the gate. Chased speed with different powders and bullets until I used up the best barrel life. A buddy bought one at the same time and had similar results with custom "factory" ammo. Others have had similar results and some have not.
-Mike

I have one, stainless. Was bought with the intention to use the action/stock for a 338 Edge or whatever, anyways, decided to shoot some on hand premium Rem factory ammo downrange and ****, this thing would group 1/2-3/4 groups?!?! At that point, I just left well enough alone.

Last edited:
Buy with confidence...
Ive had a couple of senderos in 300rum and about 4 700 sps' that were rums. Im not a big remington fan, but i can say they all shot clover groups. The senderos would single hole with any decent bullet and middle of the road charges. If you can get ahold of some 208 amaxes, ive found thats the bee's knees in the rum over a stiff charge of retumbo. I rat-holed about 400 of the amaxes, so it should get me thru this lifetime, Lolololol.

I have one, stainless. Was bought with the intention to use the action/stock for a 338 Edge or whatever, anyways, decided to shoot some on hand premium Rem factory ammo downrange and ****, this thing would group 1/2-3/4 groups?!?! At that point, I just well enough alone.
That's exactly how i ended up with my first sendero. I bought it to build an edge, and the **** thing shot so good I scrapped the project. A member here bought it and loves it.... hell i wish i kept it

Did you guys get a Wyatt's extended mag box?
Did you feel necessary to brake it?, I looked at the recoil pad and it seemed pretty good.
Are these really hammer forged barrels? Not a big fan.

My buddy has one in 300 win. It shoots really good, but the bolt has a catch in it. The camber can be loaded or empty. It's not a scope mount screw either. Get a sendero!

I am in the same boat, looking at a Sendero but don't want to drop $2,400 into one, so looking at a LR or AWR.
Still undecided.

Cheers.

Did you guys get a Wyatt's extended mag box?
Did you feel necessary to brake it?, I looked at the recoil pad and it seemed pretty good.
Are these really hammer forged barrels? Not a big fan.
I'm stock on the mag box still and I put on a Witt Machine brake, 90+ grains of Retumbo and 210/212 bullets are pretty stout.

Shop around, you can easily find "barely used", "only a few rounds fired from" 300 rum Senderos for sale for half that or less.
I'm in Australia, very few RUM rifles made it here, so there's virtually no second hand market. As is I will have to order one in.
May take 12 months or more.

Cheers.

I'm in Australia, very few RUM rifles made it here, so there's virtually no second hand market. As is I will have to order one in.
May take 12 months or more.

Cheers.
Ahh, around here the are plentiful and most hunters who by a Rum pull the trigger about twice and decide it's more than they can handle. Same with the big .338's.