• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Long Action Receiver, Left Hand

bapayton

Picked this up a while back for a build that never got off the ground. Bluing has been stripped and re-sprayed with matte black AlumaHyde.

Receiver only, no bolt is included.

The receiver has been trued, meaning front receiver face and internal lug face was skim cut to make them both perpendicular to the receiver centerline. Truing was done in a lathe with the appropriate bushings and a ground mandrel. I took off .004" from each face.

As you can see in the photos there is some surface pitting under the spray coat. I usually spray coat as lightly as possible because I don't like building up the dimensions any more than necessary. I, personally, prefer the wear surfaces to wear normally while still protecting the non-wear surfaces.

If you have any questions please let me know!

Priced at $175 plus shipping (I'll pay for insurance).

Attachments

• DSCN4370.JPG
    DSCN4370.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN4371.JPG
    DSCN4371.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN4372.JPG
    DSCN4372.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN4374.JPG
    DSCN4374.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN4375.JPG
    DSCN4375.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
My pricing must be WAY off, haven't had a single response yet.

Price lowered or send me an offer.

Also willing to look at trades, maybe a 7mm barrel I could rechamber to 280 Ackley or a handful of Remington 700 take-offs, Remington 700 firing pins (both short and long action).

Came with a magnum bolt but not sure if it's a 7mm mag, 300 mag, etc.

If there are rail dimensions I can measure to verify which exact version it is I'd be happy to do that and post the results.

In case there are any questions on how I "trued" this receiver here's a picture. I use bushings that fit the raceway and a ground rod that slides between those bushings. The custom lathe chuck, made by me, fits on the front receiver ring as to minimize any induced flex in the receiver. If the ground rod doesn't slide freely in and out of the bushings I loosen the grub screws and start over. I can generally get total runout along the rod (around 8" past the front receiver ring) well under .0005", this one was right around .0003". With that said, anyone who has ever actually run a lathe that's under several thousand pounds will admit there will be some flex inherit in any setup and measurements are rarely absolute. I say that because of all the keyboard machinists out there (who have never turned anything or cut a single thread) who claim they can carry .0001" or less through every process.

To be clear I'm not trying to claim I'm a "gunsmith", just someone who had an extra receiver laying around who wanted to let it go to someone who might have more use for it than myself. "Truing" it was just a way for me to add a little appeal (and value) to what is a somewhat uncommon receiver.

Here's a mockup of my setup:

Attachments

• IMAG0541.jpg
    IMAG0541.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 9

Recent Posts