• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 LA 280 Ackley Improved

tflorman

I'm a bit short on funds, so I've decided to sell this rifle to fund another match rifle project that I've been itching to get after.

For Sale:
  • Remington 700 Long Action (blued)
  • Criterion Stainless Remage Barrel 24" heavy sporter in 280 Ackley Improved (SAAMI) with recessed crown - Purchased from Northland Shooters Supply along with heavier recoil lug and barrel nut - 65 rounds fired for load work ups and scope zeroing
  • Grayboe Outlander stock with BDL inletting (bedded & painted by yours truly)
  • Timney Calvin Elite 2 stage trigger (red housing) set for 2.5 lbs
  • Remington BDL bottom metal (black)
  • Leupold Rings and scope mount base
  • Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 riflescope
  • overall weight as shown in photo is about 9.4 lbs.

Asking $1150 Shipped & insured to your FFL. Willing to sell without scope for $100 less.

I can accept Paypal friends and family, Zelle pay, money orders, and personal checks (will ship once funds have cleared).
I know I have no reputation yet on this forum, but I felt that what I was selling would have a larger audience here than it would on Accurateshooter.com or other forums I frequent more regularly. I've bought and sold quite a few things on M14forums.com and USRifleteams.com forums under the same username. If you would like additional photos or would like to speak with me, just drop me a PM with a way for me to contact you and I will happily oblige.

Photos shown below. The target photo shows a 3 shot group with velocity measured at 200 yards. The load shown is 55.5 grains of H4831sc in Hornady brass with a Nosler Accubond LR bullet. I was going for smallish group, not max velocity. I worked up a few loads and was happy with the accuracy so I stopped knowing any shots I took would be 200 to 300 yards at the most.

IMG_1508.jpgIMG_1507.jpgIMG_0086.jpg

Last edited: