Remington 700 identification

I wonder why they're so blurry. The number on the left side of the weapon say B6373628
It's a .243 caliber. He wants 1000$ but i may have a trade in the works. I just want to know if that's a factory stock or not.
Does it make a difference if it's factory? It's not a collector's item...so original or aftermarket...you are talking a Remington 700. If you like it that's all that matters....but 1000.00 seems Very High...to me! 5-600.00 for a gun that old ...still high!

Does it make a difference if it's factory? It's not a collector's item...so original or aftermarket...you are talking a Remington 700. If you like it that's all that matters....but 1000.00 seems Very High...to me! 5-600.00 for a gun that old ...still high!
It was mostly about curiosity because I've never seen a stock that nice looking on a 700 before

I have a possible purchase that I want to know the value of. The man says it's a Remington 700 Tiger Wood stock, made between 1961-82. I have never seen such a stock on a Remington. Any help would be very much appreciated!
Good looking stock

Diffently a BDL, the early models had pressed checkering, this one features cut checkering, Remington made the change I believe in 1970, Bill Ruger forced both Remington and Winchester to drop the pressed checking when ruger produced the model 77, from a old stock makers view that stock would be referred to as fiddleback rather than tigerwood, once in awhile the rifle makers kick one out with exceptional wood, which always led me to believe that the gun company employies are not always real gun people, if I saw that stock go thru the production line I would have made sure it was mine, the nicest peace of wood I ever saw on a factory produced rifle was on a early ruger 77 in 6MM, it was truly outstanding, the price seems to be on high side at least by pre election prices, however from a personal standpoint I am willing to pay extra for a peace of wood like that,

I have one like yours in .243 in 95+% condition without the tiger stripes I bought about 30 years ago from a older gentleman that had it for 20 years and never fired it. His wife gave it to him as a birthday gift. It came with a package installed Weaver I think scope, paid 300.00. It stays in the safe all nice and cozy, I have put less than 40 rounds through it.
How much you take for that safe Queen ?😉😁

That's what I was thinking too. From what I can tell it looks like an ADL deluxe model with a really pretty stock. I'm trying to get some more info on it now.
Look close, it has floor plate, its a BDL.

In the 70s, early 80s i managed a small chain of hunting and fishing stores, seen a number of 700s come through with decent wood. It is not that rare. In great condition. $750 would be a stretch for me.

I just bought a Mod 70 243 with scope for my grandson, $525.

JMHO

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.