• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 Classic in 257 Roberts, 1982 Edition - Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Vette

This is a Remington 700 Classic that was owned by the original owner up until this year. Since then the action and barrel were professionally reblued by a gentleman who normally does very expensive shotguns. There was no pitting of the metal, just some light surface rust in a few spots from the previous owner storing it in his basement. It sports a 24 inch barrel and a beautiful wood stock. The stock has a few very small scratches from 30 years of use but none go through the finish and I've seen new guns on store shelves that have more wear than this one. I do note that the matte finish of the wood is a bit glossier on the right side below the action, likely due to being carried in the owner's right hand. I did have the trigger professionally tuned by a gunsmith and it is now set at 2 1/2 pounds.

In addition the rifle comes with 97 rounds of reloaded Remington from the previous owner, 1 box of empty and 1 box of reloaded Winchester brass, and 5 boxes of various types of factory ammo (55 factory loads still present). Each box of reloaded ammo also has a "recipe card" inside telling you exactly what load it is. There is also a set of RCBS reloading dies from the original owner.

I encourage you to look at the 18 photos here:

DropShots.com

This rifle is in exceptionally nice condition. I would place the metal at 98-99% only because of nominal scratches on the floorplate. The wood has approximately 3 scratches, at least one of which is notable in the pictures if you look very hard, placing it at 95%+. Given the popularity of this caliber and the overall condition I am offering this package (rifle w/scope bases, ammo, reloading die) for $850 + $50 shipping since I have to ship as 2 packages. Given that just the rifle is over $1000 on Gunbroker I do not think this is unreasonable.

The scope, a Leupold VX-III in 4.5-14 is also available to the purchaser for additional cost.

Please let me know if you have any questions. E-mail or PM through this site at any time.

Not currently interested in trades.

Re: Remington 700 Classic in 257 Roberts, 1982 Edition

Bump for the evening.
This rifle is in exceptional condition for its age.

If someone has an interest in the rifle but no ammo and/or brass then feel free to send me a PM with an offer.

Wow I love the rifle I'd jump on her if I hadn't just spent a ton of money replacing my total heat pump and forced air system!

~HF~

Scope is not for sale until the rifle sells, same as the ammo. The rifle purchaser gets first dibs on all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.