Remington 700 cdl limited value?

Andy grubb

I have a rem cdl limited edition in 7mm stainless/walnut I'm considering letting go of to fund another build but haven't found one for sale to compare to value it. Mine is one of the original limited that I believe was produced in 2003. It is not one of their fluted remake limited which is all I seem to find for comparison. Does anyone know what a good value would be? It has a few small scratches on stock but overall in very nice condition and has less than 50 rounds fired. Any help appreciated.

Between $1200-$1500 on gunbroker. Don't try and sell it here. Only thing guys would see is a really expensive Rem 700 donor action.

You would get way better value for that nice rifle on gunbroker.

What 300Whisper says is correct. The reason is, they still make a CDL SF in 7mmRM... It's not quite the same model, and I do hate that for the OP, but that is the truth for most shooters/collectors (people who also shoot the guns they collect), not just hoard them in a gun cabinet or safe to never shoot them as a NIB collectors item).

To someone who is really only into collecting limited edition series factory guns, it would be worth much more, and like was said, GunBroker or GunsAmerica, maybe even Armslist, would be a better option to get the most for your rifle. For most of us here, we're into absolute precision, therefore most factory rifles don't make the cut...And it is for that reason, that we mainly only use factory actions as donor actions to build custom rifles out of.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.