Remington 700 Boone & Crockett

Hi all, I'm looking at buying a Remington 700 CDL Boone & Crockett, laminate stock, blued fluted, with jewelled bolt. Next to no rounds down it, mint. 7mm-08.....wondering if anyone has this rifle, even in other caliber, and what they think of it. This rifle is close to $1200 new here in Canada, I can have for $800, so it seems like a very fair price. Any opinions/insight would be appreciated. This would be my main hunting rifle, deer and elk. I had initially been looking at a Tikka T3, but this seems like a very good quality rifle to me.....

Twisted, if you like it and the price is right, go for it. I looked at Gunbroker and there are still a few of those in the states that are going for around $750-775 in different calibers. NIB. The laminate stocks are nice because as you probably know they are stable and can be bedded. That's a great caliber too.

Buy it, you will not be disappointed. I bought one last year in 300WSM. Full length fluted barrel and lightweight laminated stock makes for light, balanced rifle. Fit and finish was really impressive too, reminded me more of a Kimber then a Remington. The B&C models are a steal of a deal here in the US at $650 to $750. If I had the cash I would buy another one in 7mm-08 (originally what I was looking for, but found a steal of a deal on the WSM).

Well, I did buy it! And as you say, it is a fine piece of workmanship. I haven't had the chance to set it up yet with a scope, or take it to the range, but am looking forward to it.

Pricewise, with the current exchange rate, it cost the equivalent of $725 USD, so I think I got a pretty fair price on it. Shooting iron always costs more here in Canada than in the US, go figure.....

Congrats on your purchase and let me know how it shoots (I'm trying to talk a buddy into buying the same rifle/same caliber). Don't forget to save up for a good scope for it (take a look at the Bushnell 6500 series, Sightron Big Sky SII and the SIII series as well as Zeiss Conquest). It sounds like you got a fair price for Canada...could be worse, you could be paying what the Aussie prices ... theose poor buggers really get the shaft on firearms, optics and even bows.

Actually, I have two NIB Baush & Lomb Elite 4200s (they are older, Japanese glass, very nice) sitting in my closet. One is 3-10 x 40mm, the other 4-16 x 50 mm....I think I'm going to mount the 3-10, and save the other for a varmint getter, which is yet to be determined....

Congrats! Sounds like a nice deal. Where are you at in Canada? My wife is from Stratford.

Home of the Stratford festival....!

Well, that's a couple thousand miles away.....:D

I'm in northern Alberta, Grande Prairie to be exact. Good hunting country up here, but the winters suck Big Time!

Actually, I have two NIB Baush & Lomb Elite 4200s (they are older, Japanese glass, very nice) sitting in my closet. One is 3-10 x 40mm, the other 4-16 x 50 mm....I think I'm going to mount the 3-10, and save the other for a varmint getter, which is yet to be determined....

That 3-10x40mm will be perfect, those older Bausch and Lomb Elites had some nice glass in them. Nothing worse then having a new rifle and no optics to put on it!

Home of the Stratford festival....!

Well, that's a couple thousand miles away.....:D

I'm in northern Alberta, Grande Prairie to be exact. Good hunting country up here, but the winters suck Big Time!

The same. I've been lucky enough not to get dragged to any plays, but it is nice there. Her brother and I are talking about doing a caribou hunt in Quebec.

I bought this exact gun two years ago and have been generally happy with it so far. I hunt mainly whitetails and have been using the 140gr accubond. I have shot 2 nice bucks with it so far, one at 85 yards and a 145 inch buck at about 140 yards. Both deer did not take a single step. I have been impressed with the caliber and bullet. I have noticed that the bullet does not feed real smooth from the magazine into the chamber, but it has not been a big problem yet. I am also getting about 1-1.5" groups at 100 yards. It is a fun gun to shoot. Enjoy!

Can't believe this one came back up! Since it did.....

I had mine pillar block bedded, trigger tuned, and it will cloverleaf 3 rounds all day with the 140 gr TTSX. Very accurate. I took a muley doe at 239 yrds this past fall, cleanly severed her spine, bang flop (I had thought she was further away, why I hit her a bit high, but after using the rangefinder after the fact we determined actual distance).....nice performance. I'm really happy with it. I ended up putting a Leupold VX 3 on it, 3-9 x 40mm with the B&C reticle. Seemed like a natural choice. My 3-9 x 40 Bausch and Lomb ended up on my Marlin 17 hmr...nice match there too....

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.