Remington 700 bolt swap for Remage barrel

I have had a Remington 700 SA 308 bolt face that i have a Remage. Im wanting to get a 223 bolt and use it for a 223 build for awhile. Can i just headspace the 223 bolt to the 223 barrel ?
Yes you can. I took a Remington 243 and put a 223 barrel on it. I also had to buy a new bolt with a 223 face on it, so I know it can be done. However, it would have been cheaper to buy a new 223, and it wouldn't have taken as long.

Yes you can. I took a Remington 243 and put a 223 barrel on it. I also had to buy a new bolt with a 223 face on it, so I know it can be done. However, it would have been cheaper to buy a new 223, and it wouldn't have taken as long.
I have a bolt and barrel in route. Should both be here next week. Remingtons are still hard to find local without ordering or i really would of done that.

What would be involved in converting the rifle to use AICS magazines? If I understand how those work correctly that should solve the feeding problem(s) of different case sizes. Whether or not the OP wants to go that direction (I know some do not like detachable mags) or not is a different issue.
Put it in a chassis or a stock with bottom metal that can take the AICS mag, and run it. AICS mags are centerfeed, and if the bottom metal puts them in the correct place the bolt will strip a round out.

AW mags are the double stacks mags that require the feed rails to be wider/absent.

I was 95% about this... so I just went over, took the 5.56 AICS mag out of my 223 and put it into my 243, and it cycles fine. So I'm 100% sure now. Factory Rem 700 short action with the 308 bolt stripped 223 rounds correctly out of an an AICS mag.

I have had a Remington 700 SA 308 bolt face that i have a Remage. Im wanting to get a 223 bolt and use it for a 223 build for awhile. Can i just headspace the 223 bolt to the 223 barrel ?
If you don't mind loading single shot, you can buy a bench rest single shot follower like this There are no guarantees the 223 will feed from a 308 action, but it might. I've converted two Savage bolt actions that were factory chambered in 270 Win. I converted one to 221 Remington Fireball and one to 20 Practical. The Fireball feeds flawlessly w/ the only bullet I've ever shot in it, the 40 gr Nosler BT's. OTOH, the 20 Practical won't feed HP's very well, but it does feed the 32 gr Varmageddon well.