remington 700 bdl to magazine

harleybug

I want to order a stock for my 7 mag build and i see most aftermarket stocks say a bdl hinged floorplate my question is do i order a bdl hinged floor plate stock and then put a magazine kit on it. Also what mag kits do u recomend. I read about the wyats on here alot but i have no prefference. I want to be able to shoot 180 bergers i will also be getting a barrel and have it chambered to shoot the long bullets. Any info is appreciated.

I thought that was the reason u went to a magazine is so you can load longer bullets. Isnt that what the wyatts mag is for. If not then what rout should i go to shoot 180 bergers

You must be thinking of Wyatts extended magazine box. That'll add length, a detachable magazine won't. The extended box is fixed and not removable except by dis-assembling the rifle. Adding one requires machining of the receiver. You probably won't need an extended box for a 7mm Rem Mag in a Rem 700, as the original will be long enough. Depends on the throat/lead built into the reamer as to whether you'll have any bullet in the case neck, or not.

So i should order my new stock as a bdl hinged floorplate then. Will that give me enough room for 180 bergers. I want to build a precision hunting rifle that is a repeater.

You order your stock to fit whatever bottom metal and magazine combination you are using. If you are going to use a Wyatt extended magazine and a BDL style hinged floor plate, you first decide which Wyatt magazine you are going to use and which bottom metal you are going to use. Then you order a stock to fit those parts.

You must be thinking of Wyatts extended magazine box. That'll add length, a detachable magazine won't. The extended box is fixed and not removable except by dis-assembling the rifle. Adding one requires machining of the receiver. You probably won't need an extended box for a 7mm Rem Mag in a Rem 700, as the original will be long enough. Depends on the throat/lead built into the reamer as to whether you'll have any bullet in the case neck, or not.

You may encounter loading problems with the box magazine. The trick is buying the bullets and figuring what seating depth your rifle likes. Not until then will you know if you can get them in the magazine. I suggest trying the bullets with what you have first.

Short grass is right. Don't mistake the extended box for a detachable box.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.