• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 BDL SA Bottom Metal

N.B Must be willing to ship to South Africa.

I am looking for the complete bottom metal for a Rem 700 BDL SA. I need the BDL trigger guard, spring, follower and mag box for a 308.

The trigger guard must be steel or cast metal, but preferably not plactic.

Really need assistance with this as non exsistant in South Africa

Hi Kalaharihunter
I Know the feeling, I will lett you know but there might be some one here in SA that can help us.
I also need a BDL system to convert my ADL and Formalito quoted met R 2200.
I will let you know as soon as I get a reply from the guy.
Regards
Jurgens

Hi Jurgens.

I have contacted Remington directly who have passed on my predicament to their "technical" dept to assist me. This was yesterday, but with America going to the polls today, I do not expect a response until maybe tomorrow. I will give you feedback as soon as I hear from them.

I just find it extremely frustrating that such a small item namely the bottom metal from such a popular manufacturer such as Remington is so difficult to procure.

What is also very frustrating is that very few US based dealer / suppliers are willing to ship to South Africa.

It is very frustrating that we struggel so much here. And most items you find here you pay a huge premium for.
It is strange that a country that has a big hunting/ Shooting culture struggels so to get the parts / equipment for our rifles and reloading and that every thing is 2 to 3 times the price that the guys in the US pay.

That is so, and I will always be thankfull for that.
I heard last week that hunting in Botswana will be stopped as the goverment will no longer be giving permets for animals. The outfitters that have bookings for 2014 can finish that but then it is done. I am not sure if the same goes for private land but on national land it is over. We can only hope that it does not happen here in SA.

Recent Posts