Remington 700 bdl question

Jkling12

So I had a 223 Remington 700 short action. Changed it out for 6.5creed. New mag box. Still have 223 follower and spring. Can I just change the follower to a 308 and use same spring? Do I need a new spring plus follower? Thanks for any help.

The spring is different as well. It's shorter where it connects to the follower.

So I'm assuming I can use my floor plate with the 308 spring and follower?
Yes. The same floor plate is used with both magazine boxes. There may be a small metal clip that takes up the difference in length and is used with the .223 mag only. Remove it if it is there. I assume you had the feed rails in the action altered to feed the Creedmore. If not it may be difficult to get it to feed.

Yes. The same floor plate is used with both magazine boxes. There may be a small metal clip that takes up the difference in length and is used with the .223 mag only. Remove it if it is there. I assume you had the feed rails in the action altered to feed the Creedmore. If not it may be difficult to get it to feed.
Nope I didn't realize it was a 223 when I got it, all parts have been bought separate and just put together. When I got the bdl the guy said it was for a 308 which it's obviously not so I'm going to get a spring and follower and see what happens.

Nope I didn't realize it was a 223 when I got it, all parts have been bought separate and just put together. When I got the bdl the guy said it was for a 308 which it's obviously not so I'm going to get a spring and follower and see what happens.

What did you do about the bolt face?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.