• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

REMINGTON 700 BARRELED ACTIONS from PTG

No one is complaining but you

Give it time...you've been around long enough to see many guys be PTG'd so you know they are shady AF.

"Sometime recently, the new owners of the Remington Arms Company negotiated a sale to Pacific Tool and Gauge for the entire Remington Model 700 inventory. As told to me it's literally every single thing to do with the product line.

Prior to the bankruptcy, my company (LRI) did all of the "heavy lifting" receiver and bolt work for the Remington Custom Shop. (RCS) They were located 200 yards down the street from us. That work stopped on/about June of 2020. The facility was gutted and padlocked shortly thereafter. In Dec/Jan of 2019/2020 a mass liquidation of inventory took place at the RCS where staff and LRI consumed the vast bulk of the M700 and M7 inventory. I'm still sitting on a metric **** ton of Model 7's that we'll eventually have a sale on.

I bring this up for a couple of reasons. First is during the 2-1/2 years that we did this work for the RCS we ran approximately 650-675 M700's through our process. Every single one of those actions was slated for a build that was either on the books or pending for the RCS. There were never any "batch runs" where we ran hundreds and they had an inventory to pull from.

The only time the RCS has ever enjoyed the ability to interchange bolts with different actions was after LRI began "tuning up" their receivers. Prior to they always had to be fitted. It's not that we're superheroes. I simply rolled the dice and spent a whole lot more money than anyone else was/is willing to do to develop a process that had never been previously attempted. (100% electronic probe managed, 5axis CNC receiver and bolt blueprinting)

My purpose for sharing this:

It has come to my attention that "someone" in either the shooting community or the industry is spreading a rumor that PTG is sitting on some sort of massive collection of M700 products that were processed by LRI. That is false. We have received an alarming number of phone calls from folks who somehow came to the conclusion that LRI is on the hook for parts availability, historical documentation, and M700 related warranty issues.

I am here to tell you that is simply not the case. If you as a consumer elect to buy something from Remington or Pacific Tool and Gauge, your business is with them. Not LRI.

Hope this settles any confusion.

To the OP: I hope you find a resolution to your dilemma. Best of luck.

C.
LRI"

I will never order anything from PTG...I just don't want to see fellow LRH members getting screwed over or possibly hurt due to PTG's incompetence.

Opinion are like a holes, everyones got one, most stink, and nobody wants you to shove theirs in your face. You coming here forcing your negativity on us who are happy to be part of this is unwanted.

Give it time...you've been around long enough to see many guys be PTG'd so you know they are shady AF.

"Sometime recently, the new owners of the Remington Arms Company negotiated a sale to Pacific Tool and Gauge for the entire Remington Model 700 inventory. As told to me it's literally every single thing to do with the product line.

Prior to the bankruptcy, my company (LRI) did all of the "heavy lifting" receiver and bolt work for the Remington Custom Shop. (RCS) They were located 200 yards down the street from us. That work stopped on/about June of 2020. The facility was gutted and padlocked shortly thereafter. In Dec/Jan of 2019/2020 a mass liquidation of inventory took place at the RCS where staff and LRI consumed the vast bulk of the M700 and M7 inventory. I'm still sitting on a metric **** ton of Model 7's that we'll eventually have a sale on.

I bring this up for a couple of reasons. First is during the 2-1/2 years that we did this work for the RCS we ran approximately 650-675 M700's through our process. Every single one of those actions was slated for a build that was either on the books or pending for the RCS. There were never any "batch runs" where we ran hundreds and they had an inventory to pull from.

The only time the RCS has ever enjoyed the ability to interchange bolts with different actions was after LRI began "tuning up" their receivers. Prior to they always had to be fitted. It's not that we're superheroes. I simply rolled the dice and spent a whole lot more money than anyone else was/is willing to do to develop a process that had never been previously attempted. (100% electronic probe managed, 5axis CNC receiver and bolt blueprinting)

My purpose for sharing this:

It has come to my attention that "someone" in either the shooting community or the industry is spreading a rumor that PTG is sitting on some sort of massive collection of M700 products that were processed by LRI. That is false. We have received an alarming number of phone calls from folks who somehow came to the conclusion that LRI is on the hook for parts availability, historical documentation, and M700 related warranty issues.

I am here to tell you that is simply not the case. If you as a consumer elect to buy something from Remington or Pacific Tool and Gauge, your business is with them. Not LRI.

Hope this settles any confusion.

To the OP: I hope you find a resolution to your dilemma. Best of luck.

C.
LRI"
Once again, Your the only one complaining, We all knew the risk and ordered on our own free will and for what its worth you are now in violation of the Forum Rules

"Unless you are a paid Sponsor you may not do anything on the site designed primarily to promote your own business."

1. We do not discuss ethics. To do so will result in the post or posts being edited or deleted.
  2. Public personal attacks between board members will not be tolerated. Fight via e-mail if you wish but not in public.
  3. Troublesome individuals (trolls) or members that appear to be fostering arguments or disagreement will be dealt with in various manners from permanent removal to censorship.
  4. Foul language serves no purpose here and is not appreciated; This applies to inappropriate pictures as well. They will not be allowed.
  5. Racist remarks will not be tolerated.
  6. Posts that are in obvious violation of the law will not be tolerated and the offending member will be reported to the proper authorities.
  7. There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with companies or individuals you have done business with. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately. This rule applies whether the complaint is against a LRH Sponsor or not.
  8. No posts of a religious nature.
  9. Politics Of Hunting And Guns can be discussed but not General Politics

Last edited:
Once again, Your the only one complaining, We all knew the risk and ordered on our own free will and for what its worth you are now in violation of the Forum Rules

"Unless you are a paid Sponsor you may not do anything on the site designed primarily to promote your own business."

1. We do not discuss ethics. To do so will result in the post or posts being edited or deleted.
  2. Public personal attacks between board members will not be tolerated. Fight via e-mail if you wish but not in public.
  3. Troublesome individuals (trolls) or members that appear to be fostering arguments or disagreement will be dealt with in various manners from permanent removal to censorship.
  4. Foul language serves no purpose here and is not appreciated; This applies to inappropriate pictures as well. They will not be allowed.
  5. Racist remarks will not be tolerated.
  6. Posts that are in obvious violation of the law will not be tolerated and the offending member will be reported to the proper authorities.
  7. There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with companies or individuals you have done business with. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately. This rule applies whether the complaint is against a LRH Sponsor or not.
  8. No posts of a religious nature.
  9. Politics Of Hunting And Guns can be discussed but not General Politics

Wow...no foul language and I didn't start a thread...so maybe you should reread the rules.

But whatever floats your boat. I'm sure many people didn't "know the risks" and those are who I'm talking to. And you even admit it's a risk buying from PTG...lol

If everyone is happy with their purchase then great...I'm worried about the ones that go shoot an improperly headspaced rifle since they didn't "know the risks".

I ordered three barreled actions without bolts then changed my mind and order the bolts they had to cancel my first order then reorder with bolts cancel credit card and then recharge my credit card they did this with no complaints when my FFL Received the gun he was amazed about the bolts he checked for if they were short chambered and they were a friend of ours will.finish chambering them no trigger or bolt stop or pins no bottom metal or box or spring and follower one was a 220 swift 22 250 and a 223 all stainless fluted

Last edited:
order three more 2 more 220 swift one 22 250 stainless fluted its extremely hard to get ahold of stan the man at ptg it also seems that one hand of ptg doesn't talk to the other hand sometimes

Last edited: