LRH Team Member
- Feb 5, 2012
- West Terre Haute Indiana
No one is complaining but you
Once again, Your the only one complaining, We all knew the risk and ordered on our own free will and for what its worth you are now in violation of the Forum RulesGive it time...you've been around long enough to see many guys be PTG'd so you know they are shady AF.
"Sometime recently, the new owners of the Remington Arms Company negotiated a sale to Pacific Tool and Gauge for the entire Remington Model 700 inventory. As told to me it's literally every single thing to do with the product line.
Prior to the bankruptcy, my company (LRI) did all of the "heavy lifting" receiver and bolt work for the Remington Custom Shop. (RCS) They were located 200 yards down the street from us. That work stopped on/about June of 2020. The facility was gutted and padlocked shortly thereafter. In Dec/Jan of 2019/2020 a mass liquidation of inventory took place at the RCS where staff and LRI consumed the vast bulk of the M700 and M7 inventory. I'm still sitting on a metric **** ton of Model 7's that we'll eventually have a sale on.
I bring this up for a couple of reasons. First is during the 2-1/2 years that we did this work for the RCS we ran approximately 650-675 M700's through our process. Every single one of those actions was slated for a build that was either on the books or pending for the RCS. There were never any "batch runs" where we ran hundreds and they had an inventory to pull from.
The only time the RCS has ever enjoyed the ability to interchange bolts with different actions was after LRI began "tuning up" their receivers. Prior to they always had to be fitted. It's not that we're superheroes. I simply rolled the dice and spent a whole lot more money than anyone else was/is willing to do to develop a process that had never been previously attempted. (100% electronic probe managed, 5axis CNC receiver and bolt blueprinting)
My purpose for sharing this:
It has come to my attention that "someone" in either the shooting community or the industry is spreading a rumor that PTG is sitting on some sort of massive collection of M700 products that were processed by LRI. That is false. We have received an alarming number of phone calls from folks who somehow came to the conclusion that LRI is on the hook for parts availability, historical documentation, and M700 related warranty issues.
I am here to tell you that is simply not the case. If you as a consumer elect to buy something from Remington or Pacific Tool and Gauge, your business is with them. Not LRI.
Hope this settles any confusion.
To the OP: I hope you find a resolution to your dilemma. Best of luck.
Once again, Your the only one complaining, We all knew the risk and ordered on our own free will and for what its worth you are now in violation of the Forum Rules
"Unless you are a paid Sponsor you may not do anything on the site designed primarily to promote your own business."
- We do not discuss ethics. To do so will result in the post or posts being edited or deleted.
- Public personal attacks between board members will not be tolerated. Fight via e-mail if you wish but not in public.
- Troublesome individuals (trolls) or members that appear to be fostering arguments or disagreement will be dealt with in various manners from permanent removal to censorship.
- Foul language serves no purpose here and is not appreciated; This applies to inappropriate pictures as well. They will not be allowed.
- Racist remarks will not be tolerated.
- Posts that are in obvious violation of the law will not be tolerated and the offending member will be reported to the proper authorities.
- There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with companies or individuals you have done business with. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately. This rule applies whether the complaint is against a LRH Sponsor or not.
- No posts of a religious nature.
- Politics Of Hunting And Guns can be discussed but not General Politics